A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: hopefully easy

hopefully easy

been looking thru all these video help sites and find all this complicated controls. all im trying to do is make my video stop at the end and stay on that picture. no buttons.. just a stop action code at the end of my movie.. or maybe pause it on the last frame of the movie.. no buttons though. just want it to play and when it gets to the end it pauses on the last frame of the movie..
    Be good be good at it!

Hi there.
    Have you already got your video set up and playing? If so what method are you using? If you're using a component you will be needing to create a simple listener object. See 'Handling Component Events' in Flash help, under 'Using Components'. Also 'Media Components' under the Components Dictionary:

Code:
    var myListener = new Object();
    myListener.complete = function(eventObject) {
        trace("media is Finished");
    eventObject.target.pause();
    };
    myMedia.addEventListener("complete", myListener);
    Actually the pause action shouldn't be needed because by default a video will pause at the end. But it depends on what method you are using. The Macromedia Media component may reset to the start when the video ends.

Dene

Import your .flv or .mov to a new Flash movie, place it on the main timeline, create a new layer for your actions - and on the last frame place the code stop(); - then export as .swf.

ha

I knew that there was a simple answer thanks dude.. peace out.
    Be good be good at it!