A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: inconsistant dynamic text box behavior

inconsistant dynamic text box behavior

Here's the deal: I have 2 files one is the authoring file_a_ and the other is the main movie_b_. File a contains a blank mc that holds file b. File b contains a dynamic text box that displays what song is being played (b is a music player by the way) When file a is not part of the equation file b displays the contents of the dynamic text box perfectly. The thing is when a enters the picture b's text box won't behave-evey thing else works fine but the text box. I can't figure out what could be happening. I've played with loadmovie vs loadmovieNum, I've made file b a movie clip in file a, I've triple checked all the text box settings and publishing settings but nothing seems to work. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Banned
    Are you manipulating the textbox in any manner in the main movie? Mask, tween, fade, rotation...?
    Have you embedded the font?

inconsistant...

no flips or dips and yes the font has been embedded..

Banned
    Would it be a path problem then?

If you type something in the textbox & even add a border (for the sake of testing), does it appear (or the border) when loaded in the other movie?

inconsis..

well some thing is working..the box shows up but the text won't behave. tried other fonts but in the 2d movie nothing seems to work as it does in #1

inconsistancy..

I got it to work -repeated all the steps changing name of the empty mc back and forth. thanks for helping