A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Re-sizing MediaPlayBack to exact flv dimensions

Re-sizing MediaPlayBack to exact flv dimensions

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help with this -- Is there a way to resize the MediaPlayback component on the stage so that is fits the dimensions of the flv exactly?

At the moment, I can get it to play almost exactly but surely there is a way to get it exact eg. i have a video 480x270 (playing on a cd), what size should the component be on stage?

Cheers for any help/time you can give
    G

After looking at a load of tech notes and various bits n pieces, I've found that one way to set the exact size of the media viewer is to use the separate components - ie MediaDisplay and MediaController. Doing it this way you can make the display the exact dimensions of your flv, then drop in the controller and link them up. Theres good notes in the flash help files

G

Please could you explain how to resize the media controller to the same size of the MediaDisplay, and therefore to the same size of the FLV? Do you resize it with ActionScript? THX

very str8forward,
    set the width and height as you would any symbol or movieclip in properties area and hey presto.
    G

Media Services

Re: Re-sizing MediaPlayBack to exact flv dimensions

Originally posted by glasjazz
    Hi there,

Hoping someone can help with this -- Is there a way to resize the MediaPlayback component on the stage so that is fits the dimensions of the flv exactly?

At the moment, I can get it to play almost exactly but surely there is a way to get it exact eg. i have a video 480x270 (playing on a cd), what size should the component be on stage?

Cheers for any help/time you can give
    G
    Depands...you can use Media Display and Media Controll separately and then Media Display will be set to exact FLV size.

You can also DOWNLOAD FREE DEMO of our player and check AUTORESIZE function... maybe this is what you are looking for.

tnx proxus,
    got it working - will check out your player all the same!
    G