A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash Games Portal Idea - Charity-Based

FK's Resident ...... Resident flashMasterHand's Avatar

Flash Games Portal Idea - Charity-Based

Rather than retype everything, I'll put the link to the Coffee Lounge post. I don't mean to spam the board, but I want to make sure people from here see it, cause it involves mostly this board.

Linky
    Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.

I would be interested.

I don't know how much free time I have on my hands, but it seems like a good idea and especially if it is for a good cause. Email me at swcinfo@yahoo.com, and we will talk.

Andrew.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

I've got to be honest, I haven't got the time to re-skin games specifically for this, but I'm more than willing to donate a couple of games towards it

As and when the framework of the site is in place I'll send some over.

Squize.

i am only average at making games in flash but i would like to hear more about this as it soun ds like a great idea. it shows that people out there do care about others and anyway i can help i would be abliged to.

if this idea goes any futher i would like to hear from you so please email me with any more details and how i could maybe help.

I'd love to help! I'm not really one for finishing massive games - I'm more accustomed to small ones where you repeatedly do the same thing, and you just have to rack up as much score as possible. I find those pretty fun.

Go to gamesgamesgames.co.uk for a few examples of the kind of things I'd be willing to make for the site (with the exception of slightly bigger things, such as Stick Shoot and Invasion).

If you need fun wrapped up in small, addictive packages, then I'm your man!

-Plus, I'm probably the only person on FK with any free time.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

the Dervish of Q??
    I'd love to help, but I haven't much time. If I suddenly realize I have a game engine I can reskin or something, or possibly a finished game lying around somewhere that I don't know about, I will send it out immediately.

Derek.

PS. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything. I'm serious.

I like the idea, like you said... its a win win situation...

And maybe it'll give me a reason to actually get some games finished

I'm heavily into all this kinda stuff (charity/volunteer work) i've organised tsunami relief stuff and i'm helping with our schools 30hr Famine (www.famine.ca) And if i could be helping out, instead of just mucking about with flash for hours on end (and coming out with no product) that would just make it so much better

[edit]
    I guess i'll put up my msn then too..

phlook_13@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Phlook; 02-02-2005 at 09:47 PM.

I'd like to help! I don't have any flash games, but I can script the user account system (php/mysql) and I can provide the hosting

Contact me: znoskieman@hotmail.com (msn/email)
    Last edited by znoskieman; 02-02-2005 at 10:08 AM.
    http://www.leukestart.be

Im back baby!
    Sounds Great! Im in,

email: jagopth@gmail.com

jag
    howdy pardner!

smile for the camera! jesserules's Avatar
    a dark place where people have trouble in flash
    im in.

Ok, since there is a lot of people interested in this project, I believe we should organize this thread a little more. Instead of everyone posting their email and making flashmasterhand write 20 different emails, everyone who hasn't done so yet, post not only your email but also what you would like to contribute to this website. So far we have several developers looking to lend their games, we have a PHP scripter and I believe you flashMaster will be leading this sort of project? I too, would like to contribute some of my games and I might be interested in designing the website, plus I have some knowledge of HTML, and little bit of javascript.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

Official Shoe Shiner thehumanchimp's Avatar
    hey - nice idea. I would give any games i have, the only problem being that in the time that ive been an FK member, ive been more of a browser than a games maker. I always seem to get about 85% done, then just give up. The last part is always the hard part.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, if you need any help with php/mysql/general stuff, i wouldnt mind giving a hand.
    Message on a gravestone: I finished before you in the human race.

Using: Flash MX

Okay, the whole idea is nice. Therefore, Im willing to help.
    I can help with basically the design / template / interface and stuff for the portal and games.

- look here for more of my work:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v311/finty/

- e-mail/msn:
    michealdougie@hotmail.com

Wow .... a lot more activity than the Coffee Lounge post . Although it is really all about games.

Ok, before I reply individually, let me just say I am very excited about this and I am glad that everyone is willing to help out.

Also, I will send out an email to everyone wishing to be involved with info on where I plan to take it from here.

Finally, let me just note this: if you are unable to contribute games, your help is welcome in other areas. For instance, there is a large business side to manage here, and any contacts in some major corporations (for sponsors) would be great. I will try to find stuff for everyone to do, and I imagine we will be in need of more people if anything.

Okay, here goes:

swcAndrew: sounds great. We can use as much help as we can get

Squize: if you are unable to re-skin an engine, I would be willing to do it for you . Thanks a bunch for the games offer!

Bowkley: same as swcAndrew, sounds cool. I already had a few ideas for the layout, but I'll mention those soon.

VENGANCE: cool. Those types of games are really the backbone of gaming portals. While they may have a few flashy, cool games, I bet those kind are the ones that consistently bring in the hits.

Q Dervish: that’s fine. And like I said, you don't have to just work on games .

Phlook: I know exactly what you mean about getting something finished , I have the same problem a lot of times. My school is also doing the 30hr Famine thing.

znoskieman: awesome. What kind of hosting could you provide? It would have to allow (I hope) for some heavy bandwidth, and decent storage. If you can, that would be great! If not, maybe we could use it as a testing platform.

jagopth: great. Be sure to watch for that email I talked about earlier

jesserules: great to have you aboard .

swcAndrew (again ): yea, I was going to lead the project. I will send out an email to all interested (if you haven't posted your email, I'll check your profile or website). I hope it will clarify things a tad.

thehumanchimp: just like Phlook, I know what you mean. I could definitely use the help on the backend situation, so glad your here.

MDPro: have yet to check out your work, but I'll be sure to take a look. As I said earlier, I have a few ideas for the design, but I am still very much open to suggestions. I am not the best site designer .

*inhales......*
    There. So, like I said, I will start to compose that email right after I finish writing, and hopefully we can get the ball rolling on this very soon. Again, thanks to everyone who volunteered, hopefully we can make this a success.

Live Happy,
    Dave

I think it would be cool if we could make a PHP online gaming community alongside it - something like ******, Neu Age or Neopets. There would be tons of people clicking on links all the time, even if they were just checking out their inventory once in a while,so the adverts would be viewed a lot more often, making MUCH more cash for charity. More work = More money = A better world.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

sounds good.
    id be happy to make some ideas and maybe level generation or something, and maybe help people with problems, and the php thing sounds like a great idea

jesserules:
    I can't seem to find your email. Could you post it here or PM it to me? I sent out an email with a bunch of info in it, I'll send it out to you when I get your email.

VENGENCE:
    I sent you a PM; same as jesserules, I can't find your email.

Here is a link to some forums I quickly set up. I don't want to end up spamming FK with this. If anyone else is interested, let me know through this thread or on these forums:

http://s8.invisionfree.com/CGP/index.php?act=idx

Thanks a Bunch and Live Happy,
    Dave

maybe i could donate this game. its really addictive!!!
    EDIT:
    my email adress is klkroma@earthlink.net

Official Shoe Shiner thehumanchimp's Avatar
    flashMasterHand, check ur pm!
    Message on a gravestone: I finished before you in the human race.

Using: Flash MX

i want to help

well i have games that i can donate you only have to tell me where i send you the games this is one of my proyects.

this game is not finish but i`m very close to that (the final part is the most dificulty part) but when i finish it i could send you.
    Last edited by GodAngel; 04-06-2005 at 10:09 PM.