A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pope, still 21k, here's more info

Exclamation

Pope,
    My problem was about my font report showing 21k for arial bold, showing about 200+ chars I didn't use. Your suggestion was to make it a text field and set the font outlines. That would've worked perfectly, thanks for the idea, except that it's for animated text, that I already deleted from my fla. It was similar to the popular "4 Text Effects", that was showcased in the movies section, April 6, the one that displays the text as you type, or when you set the string before hand. If you were to look at the Font Report for that particular fla, you would see what I'm talking about, there are many chars listed. I deleted it, yet somehow it appears that it's stored somewhere I can't see in my swf, like in memory somewhere. Does this make any sense?
    I deleted the whole scene in which it was contained, yet somehow the memory of the movie clip is stored somewhere, even though I deleted the movie clip itself. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Have you tried to clean your library out? thats the only other thing I can think of. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.