A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac OS "Copperplate" match?

Mac OS "Copperplate" match?

I've inherited an FLA from another design, who used a Mac. Two of the fonts that I'm missing are:

Copperplate
    Copperplate Light

The only information I've found on plain Copperplate is that is seems to be one of the fonts that comes with the Mac OS -- it's slightly different than the Copperplate Gothic fonts from Adobe.

The problem, of course, is that I'm on a PC, and I haven't been able to find an exact match on the Mac Copperplate fonts. I could use a near-match, but all they want me to do is delete a menu item. Having to redo all of the other menu items would be a real PITA.

Does anyone know how I can get PC versions of these fonts?

thanks!
    For War's a banker, flesh his gold. There by the furnace of Troy's field, Where thrust meets thrust, he sits to hold His scale, and watch the spear-point sway; And back to waiting homes he sends Slag from the ore, a little dust To drain hot tears from hearts of friends

- Aeschylus, Agamemnon

You can have your client purchase the font for you. It's available for PC as well as MAC

http://www.fonts.com/fontlist/403599...ate-light.html

Thanks FFF. I had seen that one before, but I didn't know that was the same one that was included in the MacOS. Identifont has it listed seperately from the one that comes with MacOSX.
    For War's a banker, flesh his gold. There by the furnace of Troy's field, Where thrust meets thrust, he sits to hold His scale, and watch the spear-point sway; And back to waiting homes he sends Slag from the ore, a little dust To drain hot tears from hearts of friends

- Aeschylus, Agamemnon

It could be a different version, not sure...

There's a zillion of them that I found.

Copperplate
    Copperplate Gothic
    EF Copperplate
    Copperplate SH
    Copperplate SB

And then Adobe has a whole set with really funny names like:

Copperplate-TwentyNineAB
    Copperplate-TwentyNineBC
    Copperplate-ThirtyOneAB

etc. Very weird. I can't tell what matches and what doesn't.

- Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This can be very annoying.... I just had the same problem with a font I bought and that there were too many versions with differnet names, I ended up buying several versions until I've found the correct one.

Sorry that I cannot help you more in this situation.

No problem -- I'll let the client worry about it

- Aeschylus, Agamemnon