A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: lefteyewilly vs. mandissected :: wrath of photoshop and bananas

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Willy..........now THAT is a great image. Definately your best so far. I can't find anything wrong to point out. Keep it up mang!!

Israel - A small country with a big heart

• Mod Edit:

Post one more "..." thread here at FK, and you'll find your account taken away from you.

This is the fifth one I've found, and the only one I'm leaving.

Read this as your first and last warning. It's annoying. Don't have anything to say, just don't post - gerbick
    Last edited by gerbick; 03-31-2005 at 11:09 PM.

Israel - A small country with a big heart
    great battle guys..

Yeah, I wish Mandissected would come back. Haven't seen him since round 1 of march madness

Sorry about the wait guys, I've had a couple slow weeks creatively and the flu. Not sure the results are really worth the long wait but at least things are rolling again, hopefully I should sharpen up again pretty quickly and start battling hard again, so I hope you enjoyed your rest Lefteye

Last edited by mandissected; 04-17-2005 at 04:28 PM.

There was no rest for me man. I had so many volleys i had to pull out of my ass while you were sick.

ok... the last two volleys by you two... damn nice work guys.

I seriously think you've stepped it up a bit, both of you. If I were to give some advice, it'll be me just nitpicking... and there's no need for that.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

No...Nitpick please...(can't speak for mandissected)..please.

wow how did I miss this one for so long? Love that last one willy, even though the spider does creep me out a bit. And mandissected I really like the last, but there is something...the foreground, it's a little flat, it loses a bit of the depth. But the flowers, the girl beautiful

The enemy's gate is down
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Now entirely made up of magic internet dust bits!

Just a quick comment on your's mandissected...i would have like to see some text on that one...it would have worked (i think). Just seems like it's a bit empty.

That's where we disagree, lefteye. I think that image without text hold's it's own. In fact, I think that text would have destroyed that image.

It's like a page from a well-drawn book, or fantasy. The image says everything it needs.

Your last image, lefteye, you lost a bit shadows and contrast, and I would have personally made the pattern either show the shadows and contours of the face below it. Distorting it to the face would have probably meant using the displace tool and a high-contrast b/w version of the womans face.

Also, adding a shadow of the spider would have been high on my list. Dropping the text along the side also is something that I'd drop. A more compact, horizontal title/text, if any, would have been advised.

And perhaps a bit of highlights on the lipstick would have made it a bit more glossy, and would have drawn attention to the spider a bit more as well.

There... hope that's not nitpicking too much

Feel free to nitpick at my image all you want guys, it helps me improve.

mandissected, how about I start with a nitpick about your footer... only 40 pixels high please.

Only nitpick I have about your last image is a couple of masking mistakes around the right side of the image - look at the slight gap around the black bit and the shadow/grass. also, there's a slight white pixel fringe around the edge of her dress at the bottom where the feet would be located.

also the shadow is lighter at her feet, when it should be darker if you were to follow the shadows on her dress and back.

I'd say add a few more flowers behind her to maintain some balance, but that's about it.

there you go... both nitpicking by me...

Thanks for the nitpicks Gerbs, those little details will help take my pics up a notch. I just wanted to say though that there are no masking errors because there are no masks! lol but I still should clean up/improve those areas like you said.

Apologies for my footer being to big, it was supposed to be an avatar on the side but I got confused.... I'll go change it now

Originally posted by gerbick
    That's where we disagree, lefteye. I think that image without text hold's it's own. In fact, I think that text would have destroyed that image.

It's like a page from a well-drawn book, or fantasy. The image says everything it needs.

Your last image, lefteye, you lost a bit shadows and contrast, and I would have personally made the pattern either show the shadows and contours of the face below it. Distorting it to the face would have probably meant using the displace tool and a high-contrast b/w version of the womans face.

Also, adding a shadow of the spider would have been high on my list. Dropping the text along the side also is something that I'd drop. A more compact, horizontal title/text, if any, would have been advised.

And perhaps a bit of highlights on the lipstick would have made it a bit more glossy, and would have drawn attention to the spider a bit more as well.

There... hope that's not nitpicking too much
    Hmmm...displacement...never used that tool. GOnna have to see if i can fool with it (i assume that's a displacement map where i'll need soem sort of psd file?)

I thought i put the shadow on the Spider...but i guess it didn't show as well as i thought (actually spent a bit of time on it, but if you cant see it..it's obviously not enough)

Thanks for the nitpicks...they do help.

I'm very happy to get back to this battle...it's been great and I want to keep it going (although the Arena has slowed)

This girl looked so sweet before i got to her: Sorry
    Last edited by lefteyewilly; 04-05-2005 at 11:37 PM.

wow. now that's a radical change from the original! she's demonic now!

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Originally posted by lefteyewilly

This girl looked so sweet before i got to her...
    Dude...that is SOOOOOOO wrong......BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAAA A!!!!!!!!

slap some black and white makeup on her and we have outselves a kiss coverband.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.