A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preloader problem

Preloader problem

Hello,

My main timeline has three frames. Frames 1 contains code to check bytes loaded, frame 2 loops back to frame 1 and frame 3 is the content mc.

When I set the preloader to advance to frame 3 when 100% loaded, the content mc runs fine. If I set the preloader to advance to frame 3 at 25% for example, I see the preloader count up to 25% but it just changes to a blank screen. I've tried setting it up in a separate scene, but this did not help, I get the same result. I can't get the content to play unless I preload the entire file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Sybil

let's think about the problem...

try checking the frames loaded instead of the bytes, it should work.

Banned
    Question is, what's the content? Just because you're preloading 25%, doesn't mean that your file can play... The file wouldn't play if you had an attached sound representing 80% of your movie's content for example. All of the sound would have to be preloaded before you can start your movie playing...

oldnewbie,

Yes, I already tried that. The content mc is is a 45 page/frame narrated page turner. The first slide is a long narration but it's not 50% of my file. I even went all the way up to 80% and it still goes to a blank screen.

Wiseguy,

If I try to use frames loaded, how would I be able to check content_mc if it doesn't actually come in until frame 3? Should I be putting it somewhere else. Should I use an external preloader?

Thanks for your help.