A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Footer Suggestion

Addicted To FruityLoops Studio FlashKid105's Avatar

Footer Suggestion

I don't know if this would be considered a valid suggestion or not but..........

I was thinking that maybe there could be an easier way to edit our board footers. Say, for example, this: instead of having to use the text box to add links and stuff to our footers, we could have sort of a form that accomplishes the same thing (We link to our footer image in one text box and for the other text boxes we put links so stuff we do or that interests us.

The reason for this suggestion is that I've been finding it very frustrating to go in to my profile and try to add a new link for Arena battles I've participated in. Sometimes, the links would turn out like I wanted them to, sometimes, my footer would appear messed up.

Better yet, we could have a choice of which method to use when editing our footers (The way I suggested above or the text-based method).

Whaddya think?

Well… actually and to be bluntly honest, cause I know you guys love when I tell it like it is… So, while this idea may in fact help you to constantly edit your footer, its not really an idea that ads functionality to the forums. And besides that, for a verity of reasons, I’m not the biggest advocate of the hole footer thing to begin with so enhancing the ability for members to play with it even more just doesn’t fit into my agenda at the moment. But as with everyone’s great and very much appreciated suggestions, we’ll let them stew here for a bit and see what everyone thinks about it.

Thank you again FlashKid!

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Flashkid why don't you save to a text file the links and text for your footer, on your own desktop

then you can edit it at your own time, and with whatever tools you want, then just copy and paste it to the designated box...

much easier, less hassle, and Planet can sleep easier...

Addicted To FruityLoops Studio FlashKid105's Avatar
    Right. I didn't think of it til you mentioned it.

Thanks a bunch, el-ig

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    You're welcome, I usually keep a bunch of text files with all my online settings, site preferences, basically anything you spend sometime doing online, you;re safer and better off doing it Offline first and having a copy of it.

I'd rather bring back flash footers..