A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: logo

logo

client is fine with the font part. he just wants a sort of identifier that makes it look more than just the company name.

they offer "web services" ( don't ask me what's that cause i tried to find out too and got even more confused), so i went for a neutral,techy, serious identity.

the pic isn't being displayed properly

I like the type face, but I'm not too sure about the identifier (dot over "i") relating to a tech theme.

If I were to choose from these I would have to say #1 (counting by columns - column 1 = #1,#2,#3,#4 ; column 2 = #5,#6) based on the description you've given. #4, though very nice, seems better suited to a "natural gas" utility co. #5 and #6 seem a tad unfinished. The motion of the dot over the "i" leads the views eye up and away from the image.

Just a thought, with #1 - maybe try continuing the line for the dot over the "i" (with a small space to signify the dot) to the end of the word using the same shape that begins the dot to end the line though in the opposite direction - up. I hope that makes sense.

Nice work as always!

Peace!!!!

thanks hothouse.
    i tried extending the i dot, but it wasn´t working..
    update here. tell me what you think.

I quite like that!

Gives me a sense of perspective and possibility. Colors are good too.

One item that might be an issue is the legibility of the "i" itself.
    Though I realize that character is an "i" some might mistake it as a continuation of the right leg of the "r", or maybe a cursive "n". I realize this is a bit picky, but in the long run beter to know someone sees this now before the client becomes attached to a particular idea.

Quick question: you're using Illustrator right?

Again...nice work!

i prefer your last one to the others easily
    really reminds me of something though - especially when the hook is on its own , just cant think what

I like this one too, but I actually like the brown and green one more... and love the brown and green colors too

Originally posted by hothousegraphix

One item that might be an issue is the legibility of the "i" itself.
    Though I realize that character is an "i" some might mistake it as a continuation of the right leg of the "r", or maybe a cursive "n". I realize this is a bit picky, but in the long run beter to know someone sees this now before the client becomes attached to a particular idea.

Quick question: you're using Illustrator right?
    first, thanks.

secondly, very true. i had already spotted out that "i" issue, but don't know to what extent is it important. i mean, i can see the "n", or a sort of continuation of the "u" but i still read erius. im not seeing eruus, nor erns, nor ersus ( because i have a clear "s" at the end and it cannot be mistaken with the "i" shape).
    yet it is true that although i don't read any of the previous combinations and although the "erius" is the one that stands out, it is not clearly legible.

i'll work on that.

Originally posted by tayjax
    i prefer your last one to the others easily
    really reminds me of something though - especially when the hook is on its own , just cant think what
    i have the same feeling. any ideas of what brand is it resembling?

I read ERIUS too.... I just dont see an "n"......

Still wondering if your using Illustrator?

good one - good try..

illustrator ?

no. i'm using flash. i always use flash for the concept and design. i then use illustrator to polish the idea, get all the curves right, and optimize it.