dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: animationmentor.com

Cool animation school

Just found this site: Animation Mentor site when looking at animations schools.
    I must say i was impressed.

Cheers.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    hey man, cheers, we only launched it today, unforunately you have to enroll with the school to see the best part of the site which is the student area.

hey nevil, it's an awesome site, but a lot of the fonts in the buttons are blurry, or is it just me?
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Originally posted by argonauta
    hey nevil, it's an awesome site, but a lot of the fonts in the buttons are blurry, or is it just me?
    I think its just you, I just tested the site on 4 seperate pcs and crispon all, I also made sure that I didn't have the fonts used installed on two of the machines.

Blurry fonts make me cry!! so I wouldn't have them, unless I'm wrong and anyone else is getting blurry fonts, if they are could they let me know?

well, i didn't see blurry fonts.. hmm.. the site is neat..

trying to load the video.. damn these 56k modems! argh!

will come back to the site when i'm not doing much so i can check it out seriously..still, it's a good site so far!
    Flash MX + ASP + WinXP Pro
    Now Learning PHP & MySQL

Fonts are blurry on some places, buttons etc. Most probably due to the center alignment. Pixelfonts don't like center alignment. You can't make sure they land on whole integers that way.

Site looks good. A bit boxy and standard at some places.
    But what's really an important matter is that your boxed layout consumes alot of wasted space and for that most content gets rather large scrollbars.

It was an okay site. Not much animation on there either. Was a bit disappointed as I saw it was made by Theory7 and expected some hot stuff.

www.go-pit.com

interesting school...

... text blurry on my mac...

winxp here, i think i have the fonts u used installed.

It looks blurry on my firefox, on ie it looks perfect. Might be my firefox, it acts crazy from time to time
    Attached Images Attached Images
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

www.designerunderground.co.uk
    nice, button fonts a little blurry on Safari also - (prefer your own site though).
    You are not your job. You are not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You are not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis.

Originally posted by argonauta
    Nope, not just you, fonts blurry for me too.

wierd

I have not seen that before, I got only crisp fonts here, is anyone getting blurry fonts using Internet Explorer?

and does anyone get blurry fonts at www.theory7.com using other browsers?

Problem with this site is 80% of the site is not viewable by the general public, the logged in student part ofthe site is what its all about, the outside part that you all see is just presenting the concept and signup, I wish I could show you all the inside as i features video conferencing, video recording tools, chat, forums and lods of other stuff.

The other problem is I didn't I have creative freedom on this site and so the design isn't really true to my own style. I am currently building V7 of theory7 and another site Modified Drive which are both my own projects, so I design it how I want and I hope wil be more what people would expect from me(theory7).

Nevil,

Animation Mentor in FireFox 1.0

Theory7 in FireFox 1.0

Notice how both the sites are right aligned. Using the same alignment code are we?

Zak.

Originally posted by zakp0
    Nevil,

Animation Mentor in FireFox 1.0

Theory7 in FireFox 1.0

Notice how both the sites are right aligned. Using the same alignment code are we?

Zak.
    yes, same code, since I built by sites!! funny that

I think firefox is squashing the entire flash movie by a few pixels as its not just blurry fonts it is putting everything slightly out of place, not sure what I can do about that if anything. Can you do a screen shot of animationmentor.com in explorer?

Note that the site isn't centered in the browser window... I'm running FireFox on a 1280*1024 resolution.
    hello.

looks like this is a firefox issue then, dont want to start a war about browsers but personally I dont see any reason why somoene would want to use other browsers that dont work properly, either way I still need to try and fix

www.go-pit.com

don't worry...

... on my mac fullscreen is not working, the window is not centered (explorer, system x). but i woudn't be sleepless about this, i think it's not possible to make it perfect for every computer and browser.

I'm happy to read you didn't have creative freedom for it. I didn't want to say it before, but for an animation school is a little boring, isn't it?

No creative freedom. What's that supposed to mean?
    The sitedesign aproach is exactly as I'd expected from you. Pixelbeveled boxed interface layout. Not saying that it's the best aproach for an animation school (creativity is missing) but you make it sound as if you'd aproached it completely different if they'd let you free (wich I doubt).
    I always known this style as 'your' style. Just curious what you'd had in mind and why you couldn't 'push it through' to the client.

//just checking out your site theory7 and must say that's the craziest guestbook I've ever seen.
    Last edited by sense; 02-19-2005 at 07:21 AM.

Originally posted by nevil
    looks like this is a firefox issue then, dont want to start a war about browsers but personally I dont see any reason why somoene would want to use other browsers that dont work properly, either way I still need to try and fix
    i'm afraid that if firefox is actually squashing your movie or displacing it will have a reason. most probably. maybe it has to do with than centered alignment not being compliant with w3 standards at least not the way you're doing it. dunno, but in many other sites you can see pixel fonts in firefox with no problem.
    i think once again the problem is not firefox, but ie which is showing correctly something that isn't.