A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: iRoMedia - Onmline Portfolio - Pre-launch

iRoMedia - Onmline Portfolio - Pre-launch

iromedia.no-ip.com/main.html

I designed this portfolio recently, it is not finished, yet i'd love to see what you all think of it, so I can make some improvements before the launch.

Of course, any comments, critics and grunts are welcome.

A happy and porsperous new 2005 to all of you,

Rudolf

Coming Sooooon!!!
    I hate spam in the [ Cool Sites ] Section.

In general, i really like this site!

The elements in the background in html are good looking, but I think they are too much present, it gets too busy for the eyes and the focus is not on your work anymore! So I would put it a little less with color, more white a little.

Also on the background, the jpegs don't work, because when I reduced the wondow, I saw hat was I was seeing wasn't what you wanted me to see (I'm on 1280x1024 rez), the was white spaces around the swf...

What you did is not very pratical because you cannot have any control over what the viewer is looking at.

Try using a grid ( I usually work in GoLive for html because I don't do much) and putting your elements (jpegs and swf) on that grid, and centering the grid only. But you'll have to have a colored background. The other option I see is puting your site in a pop-up window that has no navigation bar on top...

On another subject, when you get in a section, and click on "go back to home" button/logo on top, the placement of the elements come back slwwwwly like when I entered the site the first time. It's getting anoying to wait everytime I want to go back! And getting to see the section is very long too. I'm pateitn, but a potential client might not be... Just be carefull!

On a positive note, your style is really nice! I like your pixel font (some say it's not ot anymore, but I still like it) hehe It's very ambiant and unique, love the music too.

The colors are really nice, good choice and good application!

iromedia.no-ip.com/main.html

Well, i improved the background. see what you think.

and about the transitions, i will try to add a "no Transitions" function. Do you have any ideas on how to do this?

Cheers,
    Rudolf

P.S. you are getting active these days.

Coming Sooooon!!!

Hi rudolf

Yes the background is very good know works fine too!

For the no transition part, I would just just a different action on your logo button to go to the main page. I would just make it gotoandplay the frame 'after' the transition...

What you mean, getting active these days???

Well i missed looked your joining date.

getting so much posts in a month is amazing.

i saw you in every corner of the forum and thought that u were a member for a long time but submerged from slience recently.

and for the no transitions part, i though i'd got that fixed in for a long time.

i have added a function to check whether the user is on a page so the site wont repeat the transition again and again if the user presses the wrong button.

Coming Sooooon!!!

LOL, I know for my posts... thanx

But no one is writing comments on my post in Site Check (Mags (wheels) flash site)... It's very disapointing....

Actually, for the transition, I was more talking about the word welcome and your logo disapearing... It may be my computer that's slow, but I find it a little long...

Also, I just checked out your site again, and in works, the rectangle under the project, there's text.. I know it's text, but I just can read it... (im in 1280x1024... I have good eyes and can't read it, so I'm thinking maybe it's a little too small..

By the way... under your name, there's a title... how did you get around changing it?? I'vve been searching, and just can't find where!! Thanx for your help!

you mean the copyright notice at the bottom of the site? Wel i ll change it later but i dont have time today. lots from school.

and for changing the title is in the user cp>Edit Profile>Custom User Text

Coming Sooooon!!!

No, I really mean the text box under the image of a project, just can't read it

Keep it up, good work

Thanx for the Custom User Text, but it's just not there.....