A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash portfolio

flash portfolio

This is my illustration portfolio site
    poke
    Thanks for looking.

Hi

First, don't forget to pu a name to your HTML document. 'untitled document' isn't very nice... hehe

Your back / nest buttons ae really hard to click on, because the hand is outline. But make sure the last section of the button, the target space, is much bigger. Put a square there, no one will see it, but much easiler to click!

On a positive look, I love your style, it's really great and unique! Did you ever think about doing posters to sell your art?? Because it's so great! And I'd buy some (the outline style you have)

I like your use of typographie, it's nicely done !

very cool site and nicely designed. Maybe make it shorter so I shouldn't have to scroll down to see the back, next and sound control buttons.

I love illustrations and have a few "toys" and posters in my flat like the one in my avator.

PM or email me when you start to sell the illustration posters like this.

yessss, want postersssss

I like the fact that you carried your illustration style to your site. I also am not a fan of the fact that I have to scroll. Nice Job

Thanks for the comments guys.
    The scrolling depends a lot on screen size and browzer size.I will try to do something about it though.
    Working on some posters and things, to come soon.

yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Originally posted by spxy
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    The scrolling depends a lot on screen size and browzer size.I will try to do something about it though.
    Working on some posters and things, to come soon.
    excellent -- do it quickly before I ask one of the mods to ban you!

On a more serious note, the scroll issue -- I don't remember what your site exactly looked like earlier but is your site now a pop-up? if so, good job as I don't need to scroll. One minor problem thoguh -- if I don't have javaScript enabled (or have a pop-up stopper enabled) then the button does not work. You may want to change the link so the button works regardless of the availability of JavaScript.

The site still looks good.

Yes I changed to a pop-up as it fits better on the screen.
    Not sure how to do it without Javascript though.
    Will find out.

Very Nice

Great Site. I love the layout, the texturing and the fontography. You have some skill there. I love your artwork. Superb. Great job.

Well, first of all, I'd like to say a few words about the splash page. I like the grungy illustration you've used, spxy, but the font under it is pesky. I don't think it fits here, at all. Then, looking at your main flash site, I can say, it looks boring. Yes, boring. You know why? Because, everything except "webportfolio" has a gray color. You can use a better color for your logo(?) Pokedesign. The buttons also look quite similar. Probably, you'd better make the following: make the key-element, e.g., "Art" of another color, so that it would stand out from the content. Circle animation doesn't seem to fit here, as well. And to crown it all, you can't put the copyright like "all rights reserved 2004(c)". You should use a special symbol of the copyright - ©. That's it. Overall, nice concept. And you have a good starting point. So, don't give up and keep up coming. Good-luck.
    Last edited by Tommy_S; 02-23-2005 at 03:11 PM.