A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [contest]... FK game designers... we have a [prize] who will dare to go in ???

[contest]... FK game designers... we have a [prize] who will dare to go in ???

Hi ... i found few days ago about a contest on a site here
    (the site is not that good as flashkit.com but the contest might be interesting)

The question is if you have some game ideeas.

I wanted to start a game named "Lords of the skateboads" but it was no fun so i made MJ SKATER.
    Him (the main character) to pick up some rings ... it was a stupid ideea so i change it to MJ stuff ideea (at least is fun)

Do you want to go in ? Fun only ... prize is not important

Do you think i or we could win ... so far looks simple .. the games there are quite easy to do ...

Mabye u Squize ?! or u LeechmasterB ? someone else ???
    Last edited by adi4x; 02-20-2005 at 11:33 AM.
    Card Games - play many card games free
    Free Games many free online games

the winners will be determined by who has the highest score on newgrounds, err cheat alert.

never a fan of anything to do with lotr but i might enter a game anyway.

anyone else?

ps. of course one of could win it adi, these are hobbit geeks afterall.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

I'm thinking of entering...
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    I might attempt somthing, but i doubt i will put enough effort into it to actually enter.

Ali

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    Not just cheaters but Newgrounds also favor those who are on Newgrounds a lot via experience point system:

Experience
    Q: What are experience points?

A: Much like in a traditional role playing game, registered users may aquire experience points and gain levels (which are desired for status).

The most notable reason to want experience points is that they add weight to your votes. A user with an abundance of points will have the strength of multiple voters. This means that you can really hurt the movies you hate, and really help the movies you love. We make the assumption that anyone who visits the site daily will have a good idea of what good content is - so frequent visitors have more influence over the rankings! Remember, you must be logged in for your voting power to be augmented!

the Dervish of Q??
    I might make something for it, sounds interesting. I'll see what I can whip up in a month.

Derek.

I sense many cheap reskins in the offing...
    And I wouldn't worry about cheating, because if your game is any good it should get enough genuine views and votes to balance it out.

Top Ten Reasons to join the contest
    4.) Get your games published all across the web.
    // Mazapán, my portfolio

I contact them about the movie size.. So recommanded is 550 x 400

19.02.2005 23:07
    MY QUESTION to gamechallenge@gamesofgondor.com
    About the contest, > > Do you have some technical details for the movie/game ? > eg: movie size > > I want to participate > > Thank's, > adi4x >
    ANSWER
    Thanks for the interest in the contest. The movie/game can be any size, the size that is perferred is 550x400 but feel free to use something similiar if you need be. Let me know if you have any other questions. -Games of Gondor Staff
    PS I dont know how fare will be
    but i guess we could try.. is fun
    Card Games - play many card games free
    Free Games many free online games

the main problem with newgrounds voting system is that there are a lot of groups that collaberate together and will therefore vote for each other, these guys are normally level 10 (im also a level 10 ), this means they can completely wreck a games score over night or make it unbeatable depending on who they like, bare in mind these groups consist of anything upto 20 people.

i will probably enter anyway.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?