A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash MX 04 Runs out of Memory?

Flash MX 04 Runs out of Memory?

So, basically I get an error whenever I try to export a movie (very large one, with a couple of embedded vidoes).

The problem is that the export option hangs for a while and then I get an error telling me the operation could not be completed because there was not enough memory. Now I'm wondering what's wrong, I left a lot of virtual memory in additioin to a gig of actual ram.

I probably wont be able to figure it out and so I am wondering how to have a button load a new movie when clicked.. sort of like when you have different scenes.. and you link a button... with action script and it can go to a certain frame or scene. I was wondering if I could do that with an external movie (note I would also like a back option/button to go back a scene and forward).

Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks

I am thinking this type of linking is possible and would appriciate it for those who help but I am just wondering what could be done when linking scenes was not really an option?

I also had a question on flash's new way of exporting movies.. is there anyway of doig it frame by frame like before, the new way is just not what I need right now.
    Last edited by oligocene; 02-20-2005 at 09:07 PM.