A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Band Website

Band Website

Because I'm a glutton for punishment I'm going to put my band's website up for site check:

http://www.yournameinlights.net

I know there's nothing "cool" about it but I only had about 10 hours total for it. If anyone see's anything that is blatantly stupid and/or doesn't make sense please let me know. I'm also always happy to hear possible improvements.

Hey Wiretap!

Good music dude!!!! It's really good, have you got a record already? If so, is it sold in Canada?? If not, make sure you don't forget the folks up here when you do!!

For the site, I find it real nice!!

Why is the style on the sides not going on the bottom part??? I think it would really put the atmosphere at its best! Now it's just cutting for no reason... And it's a shame hehe

It would be great that the 3 songs play one after the other, While I'm wirting this the first one was playing, and it finished, and I was like "That's all? " Then I saw I can do next, but it would have been nice it does it on it's own... Don't ask how to me, I don't know But maybe in newbies section or something... Or maybe someone knows????

Phot the phots section, I do't really like that it's a pop-up, but I understand it's much more simple!

I think it's great

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like the music. We're actually a pretty new band, only been together since December of last year. We're working on recording an album right now, which will be out in May. Once it is out, it will be available for online purchase, with shipping to Canada so you can definitely pick it up.

I know what you mean about the border going down to the bottom. I think I'm going to go back and fix that.

Also, I noticed the jukebox thing as well. I posted a question about how to fix that in the "Sounds" forum, but haven't got a reply yet. I don't think that forum is read as much, so maybe i'll repost in "Newbies" or something.

I would definitely like a nicer photo gallery. The one up right now was thrown together under a time crunch - but you can definitely tell that's what happend.
    I'm looking around for some cool/useable flash photo galleries. The problem with the ones I've found is they can kind of be a ***** to add new pics to. We're going to be adding new pics after every show, so I'm hoping to find one I can just drop in a folder and it will automatically add them.

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback!

Hey man really nice site. I this style of sites. The only thing I would suggest is to add the same style of the site to the scroll bars and the player.

Great job for a 10 hr site!