A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AVI to Flash problems

AVI to Flash problems

Hi

I have been given 18 AVI files and a story board... The different AVI files need to run consequetively as a seamless animation with text appearing that relates to certain points of the animation. I have tried importing the separate parts into individual SWF files and using loadMovie to display them in the main movie. The result is that each one needs to load and I get a white flicker or flash and a pause. If I import the AVI files to the main timeline as JPEG sequences I end up with a 4.5 meg file. Please can anyone suggest the best solution to get a smooth animation that is quick to load?

Thanks

S

Banned
    You could preload the first and maybe the second external .swf in a main interface movie's preloader, and start loading the others (one after the other), as soon as the first one starts playing. Thus assuming all movies are roughly the same bytes size, then there's a fair chance that when the user gets to the third file, it will have been preloaded, thus play instantly, while the others continue to preload while the current one(s) play...

Thank you for your help! Please could you advise on the best way to achieve this?
    Cheers – S