dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AS2: Data Bind SQL Query Data to ComboBox

AS2: Data Bind SQL Query Data to ComboBox

Can anyone point me in the right direction - I'm using Flash remoting with CFCs and I'm trying to pull query data from SQL and populate a ComboBox with AS2 components.

I have a CFC called "states.cfm" and Flash Remoting is set up and connecting properly (AS2 components). It's pulling 2 columns from the states table, "state" and "stateValue". In the flash movie there's a dropdown with an instance name "dd_states". I've searched all over (Using Flash,macromedia,google,flashkit) and I can't find a clear example using the AS2 databinding components using data from a SQL Query....

ThxInAdv

Hi,

there's an article at flash-db that goes over setting up an app using the data binding components, although they are using AMFPHP for remoting I would imagine the flash portion will be portable. I've never used the databinding components and only have done a little work with CF and flash myself, but the components (datagrid, listbox, combobox...) are "data-aware", i believe that's what they call it, so you can, for example, apply a recordset object to a datagrid as dataProvider and it will populate the grid with that recordset, column headers and all.

link to tutorial:
    http://www.flash-db.com/Tutorials/da...ial.php?page=1

hope this helps some,
    Dunc