A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: sickdesigns.co.uk

Website

Hey,

Check out my website please and let me know what you think of the overall the design and feel of the site.

Thanks in advance,

Sudeki

www.sickdesigns.co.uk/fv/
    Last edited by Sudeki; 02-28-2005 at 06:08 AM.

i dont think having the menu disapear after you click a link is neccessary.

Other than that, site looks pretty boring if you ask me.

For being a site dedicated to 'sickdesigns', the site sure is rather lame

Originally posted by ekerrski
    For being a site dedicated to 'sickdesigns', the site sure is rather lame
    I wouldn't say lame... but it is not 'sick' for sure.

If you like the simplicity of it all, keep it. Maybe just display your artwork a little better.

Good luck.

You should work on your navigation. Top nav that's always visible would be nice, so the user doens't have to keep going back to your homepage (which is useless). Also, when you click on portfolio, go to the sub menu, then click on something in your sub menu and go to a sub sub menu, click on a project and everything disapears. I don't like it that I can't go back to the sub sub menu, rather I go to the sub menu.

If you work on your navigation, make it really smart, then I think you could get away with this design. I like minimalist websites, but only those that seem to be well thought out.

Also, I would loose the time and date on the top right.

www.designerunderground.co.uk
    I like the mimimalist feel. think the navigation should remain for each section > otherwise you find yourself looking for the main menu button. My computer has a system clock and date, not sure any sites need them (why not change to last updated or something). maybe try show more of your work also. What was plymouth like BTW?
    +
    You are not your job. You are not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You are not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis.

Thanks for yours ideas and views.

Going to work on the navigation with the sub menu and the sub sub menu. The system clock is pointless, i aree. Last update does sound loads better thanks.

Its only my second flash site. Plymouth was and is still great. Best course I've done, really recommend it!!