A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Savegame Feature] with flash 5...possible?

[Savegame Feature] with flash 5...possible?

ooookay. This might be impossible with F5, but I need to know if there's a way. i want to make a Savegame feature for my game. I've tried to find tutorials for it, but everything is like with MX. I just need help. Is it at least possible? I just want to be able to click SAVE and when I'll open my game next time I'll just press LOAD and it'll load.

Thx for any help or -good- answers

Since no shared objects, you'll need to do a bit of grunt work, but it's possible.

An easy way would be to create a server-side script that sets/gets cookies in the user's browser, then call it from flash to save data and load it.

You're in luck. Flash 5 has an undocumented 'save' fscommand, although it'll only work on a PC running Flash Player 5. You could release a .exe (projector) version of the game, so people will be guaranteed to run in in Flash Player 5, but you'd still need to find a tutorial on using the feature.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

ok thx, I'll try to find out

ok..I found this animation on a certain website and I need help. If you have time it would be nice for you guys to check it out and see how it works. Well I know how it works but what I want to know is : can we declare real variables (like _root.anyvar) so that flash can read them on Load? And if so, can we declare a lot of vars that way? Is there a kind of syntax to declare such things? Or the movie I found about saving is just wrong and won't work?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Calisse; 03-02-2005 at 11:07 PM.

hey lol...didn't have any answers in 3 days hehe. Don't anyone have a little clue? Would be nice to know lol

With that method, you would only be able to load - you'd need a server-side script to actually modify th text files.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

ok but do you know how I can do that? Cause I never touched web coding so, if there's any tut or if you have time to lose helping me would be nice. Is it very tough?