A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with seamless leaf background

Help with seamless leaf background

Ugh! I cannot seem to get this image to look right as a continuous, or seamless, background. Would someone be willing to help?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/maxpixel/leaf_bg.jpg
    Ash

can you show us what you're trying to do? I don't quite undertand what you mean by continuous background -- repeat the image side by side?

I'd just like the edges blended in some fashion so that it will look nice as a background image. Simply tiling it looks hideous. =/
    Ash

mmm this is what i could get out of it -- if i think of something better ill let u know
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would nt go there, the file size will be big and also there is a subtlety to tiles for backgrounds, if the back is loud then people wont look at the site, mb use small leaves and over lay them.

bp

The trick is to make it not so repetitive, what I did was make a copy of the leaf and place it next to it and flip it veritcally. Then I used Photoshop's Inner Glow to both leaves to add a thick black fading border. Then I merged down, and decreased contrast to make it fade to black alot more. Then just compress it highly using jpeg and you only get a 20k background tile which is generally acceptable. It's not the greatest, but used right it could look ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by headspin; 03-11-2005 at 08:58 AM.