A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Adding animation to a button's different postions

I was able to get my rollover to work. But I want some animation to kick off when the button is pressed or clicked on. I modified the instance of the down position for it to jump to the frame and play but no luck. Any clues

THX

on the instance of a button, you can add the actionscript onPress or onRelease which you can use to start up an animation. dont put actionscripts in the buttons timeline (the one with the normal, hit, etc. elements). put it on the instance of the button on the main timeline or wherever you put this button.

hey

What do you want to do?

An "on press" animation in the button, or an animation to rock off somewhere alse on the screen when button is pressed?

Animation inside button:
    Go to the down Frame in the button symbol, mark everything in this frame, press F8 to create a new MC-Symbol. Now just edit the new mc and create your animation inside this symbol, this should do it.

Animation somewhere else:
    Tell target, pretty easy and very powerful. You need 3 things: a button to start, a MC with the animation, and an instance name assigned to the mc (Symbolproperties). You can now start, stop, whatever, your animation with your button and the tell target action.

Knut
    http://www.kindercampus.de