A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: no flash and no embed code in source code???

no flash and no embed code in source code???

I really dont know whats going on here, when i try to embed my flash into a html or php document the flash movie does not appear when browsing, when i view source the code is not even there but all other code changes are reflected (i know the document has been updated). When i go direct to the swf url I can see the file. when i publish the swf with html it works fine locally but again online i cant even see the code. other flash files work fine on my site, this is a problem on IE and firefox.. whats going on???????

If you cannot see the Flash movie in your code, that's the reason it's no being loaded! The problem is with your PHP/HTML files!!!

If you cannot see the Flash movie in your code, that's the reason it's no being loaded! The problem is with your PHP/HTML files!!!

it is all the script that is disappearing though.

all of this is there locallly :

Code:
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="468" height="60">
      <param name="movie" value="flash/banner_april.swf">
      <param name="quality" value="high"><param name="BGCOLOR" value="#494949">
      <embed src="flash/banner_april.swf"  width="468" height="60" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#494949"></embed>
    </object>
    but then all disappears online.???

I've been working with flash for 2 years and i've never seen anything like this.

someone must have come across this before, i am by no means a newb with either flash or HTML but i'm completely beaten here, any ideas please????

well.. the solution is a little confusing. I found out that the problem was the ad-blocking in Norton Antivirus 2004. I cannot understand for the life of me why it blocks this particular swf tho, does anyone know of any common causes of this or has anyone even seen this before?.