A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What do you nedd to learn how to do this?

What do you nedd to learn how to do this?

I have been looking at a few very impressive web reels and was wondering if anyone could tell me what I need to learn how to create something like the webreel on
    http://www.hedgeapple.org/toybox/

I am pretty experienced with Flash and have just started looking at After Effects, but how is the 3d bit at the beggining done and how do they get all the moving shots of their websites on to a movie format.

Basically can anyone point me in the right direction of what I need to learn to achieve this sort of thing.

Many thanks in advance

Richie

Pretty nice reel. As for the 3D, can't help you but it may be after effects. I have seen my brother messing with stuff like that in AE.

It looks like they recorded some screen shots and then took it into AE and edited it there. Just buy a screen recorder. Then they exported it as a Flash video file and stuck it in the player.
    "Leading the business of today into the future of tomorrow"

Thanks for the reply, have just got myself a copy of AE looks complicated....need a book and some study time I think.

Cheers again

Richie

Vote for your dog
    I'm not sure which 3D package is used for this effect. Any major 3Dpackage could do it in it's sleep (eg. Maya, XSI, SoftImage, or even the free one Blender (available at www.blender.org and www.blender3d.org) Personally I use Maya.

anyway the 3D object could be hand built or rendered out procedurally. (more or less that means a built in or self created script creating the ribbony objects) then it looks like a render pass with a camera "flew" through and rotated around the scene. Actually a really basic thing it would take someone who knows what their doing less than an hour from start of building the ribbons to final render.

Could also be something like Swift3d ... I don't use it myself but I think it might be up to the task... Anyone who uses it please feel free to comment.

Thanks for your comments, had alook at Maya, and its price, can't justify it for just the occasional usage - will try and have a look at the free one but have the feeling that 3d modeling is an art all of its own which I simply won't have time to learn. Thanks for taking the time to reply though

Richie