A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loadmovie....

loadmovie....

as my name would suggest, i am probably having trouble with this even though its very simple. I am trying to link 2 movies by using the loadmovie feature under actions when a button is clicked. I have already consulted friends and help files, and even flash itself agrees it should be working, here is the actionscript:

on (release) {loadMovie("xtc_home_websites.swf",this._self);

i am trying to link the movie xtc_home.swf, to xtc_home_websites.swf

any help would be grewatly appreciated, thanks

sockpuppet

thanks for that, but 1 thing, what is the target? is it the button name or what?

buttons don't have targets (not in the movieclip loading point of view)
    Usually "this" should refer to the object containing the button, but after years of experience I yet don't know exactly how it works, I just dropped using regular buttons for this stuff!

Anyway, if you need to get the target of a movie, you should be able by clicking on the target icon in the Actions panel.

Another way is putting this code in the timeline of the movieclip you are trying to get to:

trace(this._target);

This only works in testmovie, pressing Ctrl+Enter within Flash will publish the movie and open it in a special test mode flash player within Flash. This player has some extra features, like the output window, that will show whatever is printed by the trace() actions or error messages.

Cheers,
    Ascanio.
    Altruism does not exist. Sustainability must be made profitable.