A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: bold tag in html text field only works sometimes! Wazzap?

bold tag in html text field only works sometimes! Wazzap?

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes whatever is in the bold tag doesn't show up.

Anybody else with this issue? What's the fix?
    ---------------
    bytemonster

Had the same problem with the <b> tag and the <i> tag in a dynamic text field rendering html.

Stumped me for days until I finally figured out that under the "charatcer" button I was embedding the fonts. Apparently, the embedded fonts didn't have a bold or italic version.

If you are using a font like "arial" make sure you aren't embedding the fonts.

If you are using another font that you do need to embed, I read something about creating a new font symbol in the movie's library (i.e. export Arial Bold using a font symbol) but never actually tried to do it. You'd have to read up on how to do it....

Hope this helps your situation. Using a system font and turning off embedding cleared up my <B> and <I> issues....

Thanks, I'm beginning to figure out how to do it without the extra movie clip. Just put some text in the text field with the formatted the way you want. One letter bold, another italics, and that seemed to do it.
    ---------------
    bytemonster