dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with code or server?! have a look:)

Problem with code or server?! have a look:)

Have a look at this situation! a put the player on two different servers. First one is OK everything goes fine in MSIE and Firefox (look here - snd1 - http://www.ems4u.nd.e-wro.pl/player/player_3.html ) Then remove your temporary internet files and (or not its no different i think) and have a look here but only IE http://www.hopkids.pl/player/player_3.html
    because in Mozilla Firefox averything is ok. Can somebody explain me why with IE there are problems with this second server? It looks like the script doesnt want to play when the button is pressed. The sound is in child movie as streaming mp3, the players are same on both servers.
    When whole file is downloaded then the text of bytes loaded is shown and the song can be started by pressing the play button. Any sugestions? It's not such a big problem for me but it is irritating...

Re: Problem with code or server?! have a look:)

Hi
    It's true, the first one works well on my IE 6.0.
    Second one don't works.
    I don´t understand why
    Cheers
    Rui

IE does work but you will have to alternate from track one to track two and then return back to track one.

There must be a header, load_file problem. I would remove the complete swf file and mpeg and re-install it on that server.

Also you say the other file is on a different server - does that mean a different hosting company, or a different server within the same host which the first link is streaming?

Is this script making any kind of a request to php?

Have you embedded your swf file in an outside html editor and did not just used the html file that 3DFA creates? In otherwords, have you dropped your swf or 3DFA html file into Dreamweaver or another editor?

Rick
    Last edited by rblanc; 03-25-2005 at 09:12 PM.

every one file is from 3dfa. this is almost the same player from Rui, just with few corrections and other scripts f.eg. this is the script controlling the mp3 file during streaming.

ldb= sound_path.getBytesLoaded();
    tlb= sound_path.getBytesTotal();
    pro = (ldb / tlb) * 100;
    if(ldb > 0 )
    {

if (pro == 100){prsong = "zal";}
    prsong =toString ( int pro) +"% of " +toString( int (tlb/1024)) +"kB";

}
    The variable prsong is working well on the firs server.
    sound_path is the path of mp3 file from child movie (please look at the simple player topic, there is a attache)
    Servers are from the completely different companies.
    I tried to reinstal all files and nothing. This is only the sample the same situation is in my movie form the site i'm preparing.
    I didnt even try to request php, but the truth is that this second server is able to oparate with PHP, and the first one is not.

on this second server variables tlb (total bytes) & ldb (loaded bytes) don't work properly. look the links. When using mozilla firefox total bytes are same as loaded bytes When using IE they are not refreshed properly. Movie shows all the time 0 bytes loaded till all the file is loaded.

work well

Hi
    Now both 2 links are working well on my browser.
    Cheers
    Rui

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    I see. Yep.

The first one shows steady progress as the file loads.
    The second one just goes from 0 to 100% once it's finished.
    I'm using IE 5.5 on Win2000 if that helps.

Incidentally. Nothing plays when I click 'snd2'. Is that one supposed to work?

My best guess is that it's a hosting problem, not a Flash thing. In some discussions on 'loading movies' before they were a standard feature in V4, we spent a lot of time trying to make them ourselves using the 'bytesloaded' command. Some attempts worked, others didn't. I'm wondering now whether the reason for the variable results was all to do with our hosting companies, and how they serve up the pages and headers.

Out of interest, if you make a huge movie with a loading movie present, and put it on both servers, do both loading movie's work?

Hope this helps to track down the problem.

Morgan.

Edit: Found the thread with a lot of discussion on getbytesloaded: Here
    Last edited by ForumNewbie; 03-28-2005 at 07:15 AM.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

1) There is nothing under SND2
    2) getBytesLoaded works fine with movies. There is a problem only with sound. (on this second server).
    P.s.
    This must be problem with the host. Look even if i try to play directly this mp3 file, with this link's http://www.ems4u.nd.e-wro.pl/player/les.mp3
    http://www.hopkids.pl/player/les.mp3
    The firs one works OK and the second no OK (only IE users)

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    Strangely, both seem to work fine on mine.

I've not done a lot with sound, so I'm afraid this one is beyond me. Over to the real experts......
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

For those of you who have accessed the discussion thread archived on the forum (and linked earlier in this tread) relating to loading movies and getBytesLoaded, I need to warn that the links within may be out of date as I no longer use the dynamic nameserver provider who these links were documented with. I must therefore ask that the thread referenced earlier in this thread (which I started, mind you) be used for historical and reference purposes only. Thanks.
    Jeffrey Davis (3DFA user since 2.x... or was it 3.x?) (Yes, I finally reveal the offline identity of JSDvs9172, being myself of course. Oh, and sorry for stealing your signature idea, blanius, which I see you stopped using.)

Hello.
    Sorry for silence. Last night, i chat with admin from the hosting company, and he put the page (my account) to another server.
    Now everthig works fine on both servers. This thread was dependent of the server. NOW there it's OK.

JSDvs9172 wrote:
    PHP Code:
    "I must therefore ask that the thread
     referenced earlier in this thread (which I started, mind you) be used for historical and reference purposes only." 
    It is hard to understand me what exactly do u mean (i think), but yes the links are historical , so DO NOT WRITE REPLY anymore
    Thx for help to everyone of You.
    Last edited by maxxxo; 04-05-2005 at 08:43 AM.