A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Link] Megaman-style sidescroller

just seeing this thread,i agree with ed mack that there´s no sense in censoring some things out said in this thread,on the other side,laws on decompiling things are quite different in several countries (as edmack said,too).
    so if you´re doing something illegal (with 'just' decompiling something to see the code) really depends on the country where a possible law suit might take place.
    therefore its also critical to suggest decompiling something which doesn´t belong to you on a multinational board where the person that then decompiles other peoples files might fall under the law of another country (developers can just state in their license agreements under which countries laws juristical actions regarding this product will take place).

I removed the link to the decompiler (which, by the way, I found by searching the Flashkit forums). By no means do I support directly copying and pasting code, especially to claim as one's own or for any commercial purposes..however, there is an exchange of ideas (such as this board is designed for) that I think might be supported by seeing code, which should be backed up before or afterward with study and comprehension of the ideas...in music, it is common practice for a musician to transcribe (listen to and write down) what is played by others, both for ear training and to synthesize the ideas of others. Clearly Flash designers don't live in a vacuum either, but there is definitely a line where imitation becomes more than flattery..so if this community considers it counterproductive to support the use of decompilers then I won't recommend it. I apologize for any problems this may have caused you, and wish you a Happy Easter!

Jleonardbc

Thanks for being cool

Enjoy the chocolate (I got PI on my egg this year )

i think most ppl dun really mind or care if someone decompile and look at how they do some stuff.

the main problem is all those noob that decompile your swf, make some changes and claim they make it themself.

Talking about the game, is cool!!

I want to make an scroll routine in Flash, but I not sure if a tilebased map can be managed with enough speed.

As I can see this scroll has many ´empty´ tiles and and screensize is reduced, maybe thats why run at good speed.

Lots of rubbish has been posted again about decompilers

swf is not human readable format. It is compiled and if you use decompiler to "look" at the code, then you are already decompiling and reverse engineering the file. Which is not allowed if you bother to read the EULA from the decompiler. You can do it only if:
    * you made the swf
    * you have permission from the author
    In all other cases you have already broken the law.

Saying "author probably wont mind" is complete bull****, because what if he does? You have already decompiled it anyway, showing that you dont care about the author.

If the author actually wants everyone to see the code, then he will release the fla or actionscript code to the public. If there is only swf format, then it is not meant to be decompiled.

Saying "author probably wont mind" is complete bull****, because what if he does? You have already decompiled it anyway, showing that you dont care about the author

i guess u replying to my post. im so sorry if u feel offended.
    but if you read my previous post correctly.

i think most ppl dun really mind or care if someone decompile and look at how they do some stuff. the main problem is all those noob that decompile your swf, make some changes and claim they make it themself.

i am trying to say ppl actually will feel more angry if someone take the swf decompile it, make some changes and claim it to be their own work. rather than decompile it and have a look on how to achieve something.

again, i never say decompile is correct or should be encourage.

neo_byte07

About decompliding

Hey,guys,I didn´t mean that,I´m stealing the code!!!
    I just wanted to see,how they use functions etc...
    I know,if I copy the code,and paste it to my code.....i will break the law....BUT I´M NOT A CODESTEALER!!!
    I program my own codes and that´s my way to do it....not stealing another programmers codes!!!

EVERYONE......keep that in your minds!!!