dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fatal error when exporting....

Hybrid View

Fatal error when exporting....

Good evening all,

Just started using 3d Flash Animator and have a problem where it saves fine, but can't export it.

I keep getting 'Fatal Error' 'Cannot allocate 768 bytes'......

Have installed on another machine and get the same problem.

Any offers?

Cheers,

Neil.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
    (Freewill - Rush)

Right... what you were saying is something i hatted the most about 3DFA , it has nothing to do with the programe (or is it?!) the error actualy means that the programe could store all of the data on the RAM memory for exporting (the mantioned numder is the amounth of bytes....) , unfortunatly there's no way of solving this... other but installing 3DFA on a stronger machine... OR to lighten up your movie , since the error only sais 768 bytes i assume it will be very minure change to lighten it back to exportable wight...

Yours Cyber Reaper.Animator
    ok....what ?

Thank you Cyber Reaper,

Just as a follow up to that, once I had amde the changes, it took about 1 hour for the whole thing to export. Would this again be down to the machine.

I am using an old 800MHz P3 laptop. Problem is it is the only Windows machine I have - everything else is Linux based.....

Cheers,

Neil.
    (Freewill - Rush)

well ,you can blame this on bouth the PC and 3DFA , 3DFA has a limited amouth of bytes per seconds it can export (kinda wierd thing i must say ,comparing to other tools his are so low...so it will take time no metter what pc you got) , the machine will actualy depend how big your files could be ... and a little of the export process , when you export the pc literaly is being choocked to death... a high RAM memory can help it keep up working while exporting (you'll be able to listen to music and work without tuching 3DFA while it exports)

as for the linux thing... i must say i've never used linux so i cant really tell wether it can affect 3DFA differently or not
    ok....what ?

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    I used to run an Armada M700 laptop P3 with 650Mhz and had no problems unless I took on some huge 3D effects, or used long strings of 3D text, and even then it just went very slowly but didn't crash.

It seems quite strange that it crashes on such a small file. Could you post the source in a zip file so we can see if there's something corrupt in it?

Morgan.

Edit: If I remember right, there was talk of a Linux version at one point, but the plan was shelved.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

I have not heard talk of a Linux version in all the time I used 3DFA, either. Probably just hints, but nothing more. As an alternative you can try 3DFA with the WINE runtime (a GNU port of the Windows subsystem to Linux that has surprisingly nothing to do with Windows or Microsoft as it is all built from independent open source community work) which you can get @ http://www.winehq.com/.
    Last edited by JSDvs9172; 03-30-2005 at 09:06 PM.
    Jeffrey Davis (3DFA user since 2.x... or was it 3.x?) (Yes, I finally reveal the offline identity of JSDvs9172, being myself of course. Oh, and sorry for stealing your signature idea, blanius, which I see you stopped using.)

Well,

Thanks all for the comments. I will close this thread but....

The fatal error has gone away, but there is now another problem which is

here .

Cheers,

Neil.
    (Freewill - Rush)