dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 1 export, 2 results

1 export, 2 results

Evening all,

This seems strange. I was having problems getting a MOVIE to work (stuff wasn't doing what I expected), so I sent the file to my son, who exported it and it worked fine. Both running the same version of the software.......

Is this normal?

Cheers,

Neil.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
    (Freewill - Rush)

Could be that you're son is registered and you are not, which results in his output working and you getting result boxes.

The reason is that some things don't work after a seven day period since original installation unless you purchase registration. Do us a favor and legally register if you haven't already, and it may be enough such that your problem might be solved.

*edited by Mod*
    Last edited by blanius; 03-29-2005 at 11:56 PM.
    Jeffrey Davis (3DFA user since 2.x... or was it 3.x?) (Yes, I finally reveal the offline identity of JSDvs9172, being myself of course. Oh, and sorry for stealing your signature idea, blanius, which I see you stopped using.)

Hi,

Thanks for the comments. Yes I was looking to register anyway, but we have been using the thing for less than 7 days and have had it crash on me on numerous occassions - although I am sure that is partly down to my P3 laptop not being quite up to the job.

I have actually reinstalled (I'm sure this isn't going to change the first registration date) and I still get a different output to the one that James gets.

Both export and create files, it's just that mine doesn't stop at the stop movie command, where as his does.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil.
    (Freewill - Rush)

Okay, may I ask if you're using menu objects? If so (and my memory is correct) then the best thing to do is make sure you have reduced the number of open windows for your movie to just two - the main movie properties window and the movie itself (closing either would close them both, anyway) and then export again. There are bugs right now with certain subsheets of the movie properties system (especially this one) that cause export problems. And if I'm wrong about that, then your lack of registration is suspect number two - it is possible that certain things may not work in trial mode. It may be about time you got around to it, anyway - and there are people like me that are here to help you.
    Last edited by JSDvs9172; 03-30-2005 at 04:30 PM.
    Jeffrey Davis (3DFA user since 2.x... or was it 3.x?) (Yes, I finally reveal the offline identity of JSDvs9172, being myself of course. Oh, and sorry for stealing your signature idea, blanius, which I see you stopped using.)

Thanks for all the comments...

I have closed the fatal error thread as this is now resolved.

As the movie is too large (even when zipped) to post here, it is available here .

When I exported it the STOP MOVIE doesn't seem to work, but when my son exports it his version seems to work OK.

Cheers,

Neil.
    (Freewill - Rush)