A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading .swf

Hi two questions!

1) If I load a .swf into a level and then later load another into the same level is the first one still retained in memory. What I'm trying to get at is, should I unload a .swf from a level before I load another in.(to make my site less memory consuming)

2)I have 3 levels. I want to make it so that when you click on a button on one of the two lower levels it switches them around so that the .swf that was on the bottom is now on the top level (trying to create a set focus effect). Is this possible?

Thankyou for your help!

LOL
    UKF

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    No, not that I've seen, It would load the file from the site again. I would park or shelf the swf's into the levels and set them at a blank keyframe. When you need it call it and set the others to a Blank frame. Most computers have a ton of memory now and I can hardly think you would have a file much over 3 to 5 meg. This would give you the effect you want and the files on demand. Regards, Bill

Cheers!!!

Yeah I'll keep that in mind thankyou!
    I might try shelving them after I see what kind of reaction I get from how I have it at the moment.

So people! How about my second question? Or should I post that in the actionscript section?

LOL
    UKF