A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: no sound but can see movie

Arrow

Hi,

Has anyone had this problem? A user of a site I developed emailed me to say that he could see the shockwave file of a flash movie but not hear the sound.The file is playing in a javascript-enabled pop up window generated by javascript in the html code of the original page itself, NOT via using Flash 4's _blank scripting option. Is there a broswer version compatibility issue causing this or is this actually impossible and is the user not doing something correctly with their own PC sound?

Thanks for your help!

FK Bored Crew

Will flash for food!

what's the url? I'll have a look....

-fishee

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    If the sound is an mp3 setting it could be that the viewer has an older version of the Flash plug-in, Flash did not support mp3 until Flash 4. But the older Flash 3 plug in still supports some of the features like animation etc. Hope this helps, Regards, Bill

Does he have his speakers on and turned up? I get that problem a lot with people...

FK Bored Crew

*YAWN*

Ummm...probly a longshot but in case the dude was sure his speakers were on and working and had the current plugin and still couldn't hear sounds, make sure you didn't do a custom sound boo-boo, IE: I once drew the "volume" line all the way down while customizing a sound file. I was removing a loop and adjusting stuff and ended up having the wav play, but couldn't hear the d*mn thing. (DOH!)

-fishee