A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Frame rate slowing down to much

Skill_Unabletospell_guy skill_guy101's Avatar

Frame rate slowing down to much

This is happening because of the way im using my images. what is the quickest way of smoothening it out a bit to make it usable?

heres the swf and the fla.

thanks alot.
    Last edited by skill_guy101; 04-09-2005 at 03:52 PM.
    I like good music.

pretty ok.. mayb coz of my pc, but everyone does not have a 3.2 gig processor, so effecient use of images(donot use one big file) is the key, instead try breaking them down into small bits and using them, never ever trace huge files ,, it woould be worse.

Hope it helps,
    Tariq
    "I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Skill_Unabletospell_guy skill_guy101's Avatar
    Thanks Tariq,

what do u mean by breaking it down into small files? at the moment i have all 12 chords(picture of it being played, picture of the fretboard and name of the chord) on the stage. they are all in MC's and then a button inside says on rollover play, etc and the alpha goes from 0-100 in 10 frames and the reverse happens on rollout. im presuming that all of this on the stage at once is topping out my cpu. it runs at 100 % when i roll over only 1 of them. it is noticably gerky when i had only 3 chords done. im gonna be showing this at collage were the computers are naff so im in a bit of a rutt. any advice?

Thanks again
    I like good music.

First of all let me congratulate u on the cool and helpful idea, and nicely executed too, altho its very very slow on my puter too. Anywayz the only thing i can think of is lowering the quality of the pics using photoshop or some other image processin soft. Sorry that i cant help u more.
    "Try to be strong everywhere, and you will be weak everywhere" -Sun Tzu