Flash Mobile 2 day Workshop (Bay Area)
I'll be running the workshop below in about two weeks
if anyone happens to be in the Bay Area.
Nader Nejat // Multimedia Consultant + Developer
Omega Media // http://www.omegamedia.com
"We help people take advantage of interactive media"
Flash Design For Mobile Devices
2 Saturdays April 23 & 30, 10am - 5pm
San Francisco State University Downtown Center
Multimedia Studies Program
425 Market Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
Enter the exciting era of mobile rich media development:
Get comfortable with creating Flash content for PDAs, phones,
and next generation mobile devices.
In this hands-on workshop, you'll see the best ways to use
Flash for mobile design through multiple demonstrations and examples.
You'll get overviews of the most relevant issues issues and then
cement your understanding through exercises. This is not a seminar -
Each attendee will work on their own computer.
What you get from this hands-on workshop:
* Overview of the mobile Flash space
* See cutting-edge examples of mobile Flash applications
* Capabilities and limitations of Flash for mobile development
* Key issues in usign Flash for mobile design
* Best practices for planning your mobile projects
* How to structure your projects for easy mobile conversion
* Design & Development tips and tricks
* Maximize Performance while keeping down memory and size
* See the best ways to present content on small screens
* Debug your projects once they're on a device
* Develop for multiple devices with minimal changes
* Create compelling interfaces & engaging user experiences
* Explore the opportunities for development
* See major resources that'll get you started quickly
* Practical experience you can start using right away
* Demos of essential third party utilities
* Design your own mobile portfolio
We'll also build a mobile portfolio in the workshop - Imagine having a
portable portfolio of all your best work (audio, video, graphics, Flash)
with you at all times.
You know you've seen the future, now learn to create it.
Who should take this class
Anyone interested in developing rich media content for mobile devices.
Mobile developers interested in Flash as a potential delivery platform.
User Interface designers who want to use Flash for mobile design.
Flash developers who wish to leverage their skills for mobile development.
Web designers who want to take advantage of the next big medium.
Prerequisite: Flash I or equivalent experience recommended.
Course #: MULT 9234
Schedule #: 25229
Hands on, 1 student per computer
1 day; 2 Saturdays April 23 & 30, 10am - 5pm
SFSU Downtown Center, 425 Market
Register Now! Call 415.405.7700, press 
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
Poll by Flashkit.com