A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: making a movie clip in a movie clip go to the next frame of the original movie clip

Best side of the best country (Western Australia)

making a movie clip in a movie clip go to the next frame of the original movie clip

I have a movie clip (for simplicity I'll call it movie_a) in movie_a I have another movie clip movie_b.

in movie_a i have a button that when pressed makes movie_b play (it has a stop frame every once in a while so the button acts as a "next" button)

I want it so that when i get to the last frame of movie_b and press the button, it will go to the next frame of movie_a

I hope that doesn't confuse u and u can help me solve this problem, as i am stumped and I've tried everything I could think of (which isn't that much as I'm not too good with actionscript)

thnx

button in movie_b controls movie_a
    code:

on(release){
    _parent.nextFrame();
    }

:::i am jacks complete lack of surprise:::

Best side of the best country (Western Australia)
    thankyou, i got it working,

I didn't actually use that script, i did it another way, but what u said still helped me.

what i've done (just in-case you are interested) is make it so that there is a button in both movie_b and movie_a. on the last frame I have made it so that there is no button in movie_b and so that when u press the button (in the same position for both movies) u press the one in movie_a, moving that forward a frame.

I hope that doesn't confuse you