A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you familiar with GUNS?

Are you familiar with GUNS?

i've been looking around for handguns and was wondering if anyone is familar with the beretta px4 storm? i'm looking for something compact just to keep in the house in the event of burglary or whatever. anybody know how much this costs?

Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

not sure this is appropriate.

It looks like a gun from a video game.

If I were you I'd buy a Magnum .45 and go Dirty Harry on the burglar's ass.
    hello.

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    I keep this little fella under the bed, just in case.

for handguns i like the walther PPK, (james bond gun)... or a desert Eagle.

i keep a 12 gauge at the house, pump action... just the sound of pumping a load of 00 buck into the chamber should be intimidating enough for any unwelcome company...

Originally posted by alty29
    not sure this is appropriate.
    why is this not appropriate? i didnt say i was going to buy it to turn into son of sam this summer. most adults especially single have home protection whether it be for hunting deer or worse case scenario.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Originally posted by admedia

i keep a 12 gauge at the house, pump action... just the sound of pumping a load of 00 buck into the chamber should be intimidating enough for any unwelcome company...

lol, are you serious??????????? a 12 gauge??????

Originally posted by SpockBert
    I keep this little fella under the bed, just in case.

yea but thats a little on the small side

Originally posted by J-Luv
    why is this not appropriate? i didnt say i was going to buy it to turn into son of sam this summer. most adults especially single have home protection whether it be for hunting deer or worse case scenario.

because a lot of younger people do post and read on these forums. if I had kids I wouldn't want them learning or reading about that crap, it's a mature subject matter and it really doesn't belong on Flashkit.

because a lot of younger people do post and read on these forums. if I had kids I wouldn't want them learning or reading about that crap, it's a mature subject matter and it really doesn't belong on Flashkit.
    and you think those kids cant learn about guns from watching terminator all day or any other shoot em up movie? u think a flashkit post is more influence than rambo??? i'm not teaching a class on guns i just asked a question. i understand there are kids on this site but i was not under the impression this was a 'kid's site'.

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    I dunno why but this thread's giving me flashbacks about the gun toting nutter in "The Jerk"

"Navin Johnson - sounds like a typical *******"

Flashkit is a G-Rated site, indeed. But as far as it goes, I personally don't see a problem with a question of protection.

There's been convos in the past, killabry to be exact, where it was asked about condoms, what not.

Again, protection.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

and you think those kids cant learn about guns from watching terminator all day or any other shoot em up movie? u think a flashkit post is more influence than rambo??? i'm not teaching a class on guns i just asked a question. i understand there are kids on this site but i was not under the impression this was a 'kid's site'.

Rambo is fake. If there is a burgular in your house what are you going to do with the gun? Point it at him and yell "pow!"? Honostly I really don't think this thread belongs here, way less offensive threads have been closed before.

And in any case, you shouldn't buy a gun.

Rambo is fake. If there is a burgular in your house what are you going to do with the gun? Point it at him and yell "pow!"?

kids are fascinated by those 'fake' movies. if they want to learn information about guns or get a gun its as simple as going to school and asking the right person. most of these 'kids' kill deer and hunt for sport is this not brutal????????? i have never even shot a gun and am ny no means advertising for people to buy guns.

Honostly I really don't think this thread belongs here, way less offensive threads have been closed before.
    well if this is such a life threatning post that will somehow brainwash all the 'kids' on this site then i am sure a moderator will soon agree with you and close it.

that is your sole opinion. i'm not a kid and when i was a kid i have been in situations where someone had tried to brake into my home while my mother was home alone. and this was in a middle class neighborhood. i now live in a major city area where crime is prevalant even in the rich areas so i'm looking out for myself.
    Last edited by J-Luv; 04-17-2005 at 02:58 PM.

lol, are you serious??????????? a 12 gauge??????
    I have one too. Remington Police Magnum (I don't remember the model number).

Originally posted by gesteves
    I have one too. Remington Police Magnum (I don't remember the model number).
    and i get blasted for inquiring about a small handgun and these guys have enough firepower to blow a hole in an elephant, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, are you serious???????????
    deadly serious.

let's not turn this into a pro/anti gun rant... guns exist... kids have daddys and mommies who have guns... if they are surfing the web and on flashkit they are exposed to many violent things.. i have seen a ton of animations that glorify and objectify violence... this thread is definitely G.

Originally posted by admedia
    let's not turn this into a pro/anti gun rant... guns exist... kids have daddys and mommies who have guns... if they are surfing the web and on flashkit they are exposed to many violent things.. i have seen a ton of animations that glorify and objectify violence... this thread is definitely G.
    exactly.....these same kids.......

http://www2.indystar.com/articles/4/...-2074-009.html

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...ocal-headlines

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/artic...09pdcshoot.txt

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/4343717/detail.html

i dont think these kids were influenced by my thread on flashkit..

Rambo is fake. If there is a burgular in your house what are you going to do with the gun? Point it at him and yell "pow!"? Honostly I really don't think this thread belongs here, way less offensive threads have been closed before.

There's nothing wrong with the thread. It's just you and your gun-phobia. There's nothing inappropriate about asking what kind of gun he should buy. The bad guys are always going to have guns regardless of if you let your kids hear the word "gun" or not on the internet my friend and There have been far more offensive threads not closed before so if you don't like guns just don't join in on the conversation. I agree that the walter is a good gun, I have a small .22 walter which is good for car protection or packing if you need to but for home protection a semi-short barrel shotgun has been proven in all the tests to be the best form of home protection. If you're getting the gun just for home protection I would suggest a shotgun. There's a number of reasons including that its a lot harder to miss what you're shooting at which makes it easier to use in the dark plus the pellets generally don't have enough force to travel through walls and cause fatal wounds to anyone else in the house.. but if you want a pistol then the baretta is good or taurus recently came out with a new line called 24/7 which are very good guns and beat glock in many jam tests and you can get a good 24/7 9mm for about 350$..