A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Query before buying...

Query before buying...

I have an old version of 3d Flash Animator that I got a couple of years ago free on a magazine. I tried it out recently and was fairly impressed. I went along to the website and found they had version 4... then I read these forums. Talk about off putting.

My questions are put here, as from what I have read I probably wont get a reply to my email to them.

When was version 4 released? Is it worth purchasing at the moment? (although I am unsure about buying 'dead' (Quoted from these forums) software)

I read about bugs causing problems with loading movies etc. Are these fixed. I could not find any info on bug fixes.

With all the above rammblings you might question my sanity for pursuing the possibility to buy 3DFA. My reasons are this. Koolmoves is nice but the interface leaves a lot to be desired. Things did not happen logically. So thats on the back shelf for now (I prefer software that intuative to use like 3DFA).

Other lower priced flash software seem to be merely drag drop stuff for those not interested in actual creation. Purely template based junk.

Flash itself is way over priced.

Those are my thoughts/queries and general quirks.

Now its over to you. Should I buy or leave well alone.

Cheers

Mike R

SO 7 people view this post but no replies. Does that mean the answer is look elsewhere?

Cheers

Mike R

I somtimes forget that most folks dont get my sense of humour.

I was serious about buying! I still am. I just need some answers to put my mind at rest.

Cheers

Mike R

god i do hope this one wont become one of those 100000234 replys kinda thing...

First of all , let me say that you're not madd because you wanna purches 3DFA , it is a great easy tools expecialy for those who want to learn the basics of flash without too much technicle bul**** , however , it is true what they're saying about it.

it is incapable of dealing with large doctuments and movies...
    the bugs can give quite a headec until you learn them and avoid them.

however remeber that 3DFA never ment to be the most "professional" tool , it was ment to be the easiest and cheap

i think it answare bouth.

if you feel happy with your old version why not trying the free trial of version 4?

try it out for the week limit and then decide , though i cant promiss you that incase of lost serial number you will get a new one... that thing is still a mysterly lately.. but dont you let this worry you , here at the forum we will be glad to help if anything pops up.

Cyber Reaper
    ok....what ?

Well I got an email from an un-named person (the 3dfa support team) saying that development is ongoing.

Puts my mind at rest somewhat although I may wait till this new version is released first.

Thanks for the reply cyber reaper.

Cheers

Mike R