A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mobile phone alert from flash/php?

Mobile phone alert from flash/php?

Sorry about the multiple posts, wasnt sure where best to post this.

Anyway, heres my question, is it possible to send an alert in the form of a text message when an online php form has been submitted to a specific mobile number?

thanks in advance

dave
    how good was the A-Team?!

Dave

More of just a PHP thing, but I have a few scripts running that send a message to my phone if an error has occurred.

I'm not sure if this is possible with all phone carriers. I have just used the mail() function in PHP to send a email to 'my phone number'@vtext.com and it will come across as a text message. Your service may have a similar mailserver setup.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by lunarkid2; 03-18-2005 at 09:30 PM.

This seems like an interesting post.

Can a message actually be sent and displayed on a mobile phone using the mail() function in php??

Also, I am able to understand that an address is required to send the message. This address starts with the number to whom you are sending it to, however, I assume the mail server extension is actually the extention of the carrier (.orange.com, .verizon.com etc). Please mark and explain to me if I am wrong.

Please provide information on this, as it seems like something very interesting to work on.

Mariam
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been."

Mariam

PHP Code:
    <?php mail("##########@vtext.com""Message Subject Here""Message Content Here"); ?>
    You are correct with the mail server depending on the carrier.
    I use Verizon, and "vtext.com" is what they use as their "message server".

As long as your calling plan allows quite a few messages it is a useful method. I use it as a debugging tool to send a message when certain errors have occurred in my scripts.