A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Lite 1.1 + XML

Flash Lite 1.1 + XML

I am I right in thinking FLash Lite player only supports flash 4 actionscript commands - and therefore doesnt support XML?

Basically I have a realtime flash app which relies on persistent XML socket connections to push data to FLash - is this possible to make a version which is supported by Flash Lite??
    Alison

Flash Lite 1.1 is similar to Flash 4 style development. It also has additional functionality for phone and network support.

In terms of loading data, you're limited to loadVariables. There is no XML support.

Nader

hmm..yes, i feel the pain you have with flash lite. previously, i tried mobiclip, then switched to flash lite and now i'm back to mobiclip. mobiclip is built on flash 7 scripting engine. hmm..if you need a persistant xml data connection. I would recommend you do do the xml parser at the server side, use php,asp,jsp..etc to parse the xml data before load it into the flashlite or mobiclip. And lastly, flash lite does not supports sharedObject, you cant store persistant data. You may try mobiclip, they have full support for sharedObject. cheers! have a nice day. =>
    ch~