A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sister Mary Dracula

Sister Mary Dracula

I'd like to let you all know that my story "Sister Mary Dracula" is now officially a book, available on Amazon just in time for Halloween! http://www.amazon.com/Sister-Mary-Dr...r+mary+dracula

As some of you may know, it's the story of nine-year-old Terry Malloy, who believes his teacher is a vampire who breathes fire and wants to drink his blood. Even his best friends Steven and Kenny think he's completely crazy. He decides he alone must reveal to the world this heart of darkness, or at least a cool scale model of it!

Written and drawn by me, Gerry Mooney. Black and white with color covers, 108 pages, and already discounted by Amazon (!) to $8.96. It also should be available in Europe, but I don't think I have a way to check that as yet.

Thank you all!

I'm a little disappointed in the "Look Inside" feature for Sister Mary Dracula on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/1493543164/ref=rdr_ext_tmb. Whatever image conversion they use does not treat gradients very well so there's a lot of banding. If you want a better preview of the artwork, I still have the first ten pages up as a sample over here: http://www.sistermarydracula.com/SMD...d_ch1_pg0.html

Some unsolicited comments on Sister Mary Dracula from around the web...

“I just explored the 10-page teaser and that looks really neat !
    The story line has got a grip on me.
    Can't wait to read the rest of it.”

“…you have a knack for creating ideas and stories that are intrinsically commercial.”

“… found it quite entertaining and do indeed recommend it!”

“I bought two copies. Now stop calling me!”

Nice job, looks great Good to know that there are people here who have actually done amazing things like publishing a book. I don't really read graphic novels, but when I do it's just on the internet, so I don't have any plans to buy this, but I do hope you achieve a lot of success
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Hey, thanks for your comments! But did you know it's not actually a graphic novel? I was surprised to learn that if a story is humorous or cartoony, it's not a graphic novel, just a "cartoon book" or something like that. So you can buy it and still be safe!
    Last edited by Skarab; 11-05-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: more info

JUUuuust in time for the Christmas season, I'd like to announce that you can buy a PERSONALLY AUTOGRAPHED copy of Sister Mary Dracula directly from me! Look over here... http://www.sistermarydracula.com/buycomic_jumppg.html

Another nice reader comment from this morning:

"My copy arrived and I read it cover to cover the first time I opened it.
    With already reading the first ten teaser pages, I was very anxious to see what was going to happen.
    It really holds your attention. A lot of suspense going on. You did that very well.
    Very nice little story indeed.
    Not as a spoiler, but I enjoyed the (kind-of) surprise ending too and felt… well… relieved…. actually.

I was particularly Impressed with the amount of well done drawings in there.
    You appear to have developed your talents very well."