A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: controlling movieclip *makes me feel dumb*

MetallicA all the way, baby! Bokkie's Avatar

controlling movieclip *makes me feel dumb*

Hi all,

Ive searched this forum, but didnt found anything that suits me.

let me start of with my problem:
    I have a movieclip that contains an imported video. This video is a movie of a bookflip-animation (yes, another one ).
    Ive created several buttons for the different pages of that animation.
    The only thing i wanted, is that if i click on button 3,for example, the movie plays the clip until its at frame 30 (page 3). But the one thing (well, there are actually more) that bothers me, it has to play backwards, when youre viewing page 7 for example. (So, 1 button must contain multiple actions? )

So it has to play forward or backward regardless the position of the animation you are. (Until a certain frame and stop at that point, youve clicked)

I definately know this is possible, but i dont know how to do it. And i dont want to create the 40 movieclips over the different animations)

Hopefully ive made my problem clear. Cause my english is not at its best.

Thanx for reading and i hope someone can help me with this problem, cause i feel kinda dumb and i definately need help over here.

Cheers,
    BOK
    FakePilot = Master

MetallicA all the way, baby! Bokkie's Avatar
    Yes, found it.

For those who have searched for it to:
    link

Now my other question is, how is it possible to have the movieclip plays faster, depending on which point you are and to which point you want to go. So lets say youre on page 1, the movieclip plays faster when you want to page ten, instead you want to page 3..

Thnx so much FK!~

CHeers
    FakePilot = Master