A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Unwanted lines left behind on stage after animation completed

Unwanted lines left behind on stage after animation completed

HI

I am working on an intro animation in which different buttons increase in size and then decrease back to original size. The problem is that when the button increases and then decrease back... it leaves some unwanted lines on the screen which are not present in the FLA. Actually these lines are from the border of the buttons and it leaves traces of the button as it decreases during animation. when something else animates over these lines, these lines are wiped off.

Also, this happens only for a couple of buttons out of many and happens all the time on all the computers.

I have tried to use updateAfterEvent() on these buttons (which are actually movie clips) inside onEnterFrame. But the problem still exists.

Anyone had a similar problem and can anyone suggest a possible solution?

Please help!
    sameer rao

there...you see!!

How about posting it so we can take a look. I have experienced that in the past though, and it was the result of overtaxing my graphics card. I am on older computer and when it starts to get overloaded is when I find that happening. But not knowing what you've got going on it's hard to say. I found that by redoing my shapes and making sure they were smoothed and optimized it went away.
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).