A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: movies within flash

movies within flash

hi there im quite new too flash im currently workin my way through making a website. i have the main body of the site completed, its basically a gallery of work, however all the work is animated films. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to have theseon the site.

My original idea was to have a link to a new window with the film in that so it can stream and then be downloaded. I dont know if that is the most practical?

also there are 24 films roughly 4min each so keep that in mind.

thanks very much

g

You can convert the movies to swf files and load them when needed. They will stream too. Its nicer to have videos in the main interface than a popup that require quicktime or another video plugin.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

re. movies

hi thanks for ur reply i didnt know u could convert them, but how would the site run if i had 24 films inside it that stream, some of these films are 40mb because they are maya films. any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks again

g

Having the movies inside the main swf is not an option as it would take forever to load.

I suggest you take one movie , convert it t a swf and check quality / filesize and see if you are happy with the result. And if so make a test online to see how it plays when streamed. Also check the speed so you can tell your modem viewers or slower broadband what performance they can expect.

Having fullsize videos with 30fps is no option either. You need to make a smaller format and decrease the fps too.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com