A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: i got an idea a few noobs to flash might wana be up for?

i got an idea a few noobs to flash might wana be up for?

ok well this is my first time on this forum... i had an idea earlier to see if i could find some noobs to see if they want to try my idea.

the idea is that a few of us all (all new to flash) who want to work together as a team, say we all chat through msn. and the 3 of us start a little project from nothing.. i believe if we do this then it may make learning to use flash slightly more enjoyable? i also believe that as the time goes on if we work hard enough we might make something big lol

if you are up for the idea then please do reply

p.s we dont want to all be in different timezones so if your in uk or anywhere near great
    "the world is tough, nuff manz will test ya..."

Left-Handed Flash User mickbrit55's Avatar
    Hello

A very noble idea centa, but let me tell you that it is very hard being involved in a collaborative project with people that DO know what they are doing! Just making sure that the left hand knows what the right foot is doing is hard enough, without the issues of style differences and egos

Hey, but give it a go, good luck mate!

Mick

Hey dude.. that sounds good.. but, about that the timezones, It'd be really difficult, cause, for example, I live in Chile.. (I don't know the exact time difference, but it's still a lot)
    BUT, your idea sounds preety good, considering that there could be a blend of different styles, ideas, etc..
    ¿?

Originally posted by mickbrit55
    Hello

A very noble idea centa, but let me tell you that it is very hard being involved in a collaborative project with people that DO know what they are doing! Just making sure that the left hand knows what the right foot is doing is hard enough, without the issues of style differences and egos

Hey, but give it a go, good luck mate!

Mick
    i do understand what your saying but i did say people who were new to flash, not people who DO know what they doing.
    i personally believe that the style differences could work very well... ok we couldnt all work on one animation or game without finding it quite difficult...
    also when i said "project" well i didnt mean we all work on an animation or game from scratch. i meant we could make a little empire :P like a website. animations. games. all sorts surely the more experienced flash users know the limits to flash and there is a hell of a lot we could do with it. i know it would take a lot of hardwork and time but atleast it gives you a goal. at the moment im sitting here on ma own bord trying to firgure out how to do this and that with flash... if there was a few of us who kept contact through msn or some other program then we could resolve our problems a lot easier

AWESOME

Centa, I'm well up for it!

Ill be doing my AS level xams v soon, but as soon as their done I decided to devote my time to Flash Authoring.

I've messed about before, but I'm quite clueless, this is the sorta thing that would suit me down to the ground, if there are still places available, then I'm well intersted.

Cheers, and good idea (damn shoulda thought of that!!! :P )

Nemesis Eventide
    a.k.a kid_dude_64

p.s. Reply if your still intersted in ppl joinin then I'll send you my MSN tag !!!
    The Badgers Love You

hey kid_dude_64 im glad your up for the idea i pm you but i dont know if you noticed it so i thought id reply here as well :P what is your msn addy? ill add you and we can start talking more in depth on there

I am interested in this project, if it is still available. Please pm me and I will send you my msn addy.

I am also learning how to use flash.

Cheers
    ghostman78

hey! sounds a good idea!

like kid dude, im doing a-s exams very very soon!but straight after it im up for it!iv messed about on flash making various bits of crap! it sounds a good idea to help us all learn about it.

im msn addy is:joe_saints@hotmail.com

if you want to add me,upto mate

sorry but there is enough people to try this idea now, but if u like the idea why dont you make a thread like mine and try it yourself :P peace out

I think you guys have got a good idea going on here. I will keep watching this thread to see your progress and offer any help if you have questions.

Cheers

Cheers Dricciotti! We aprechiate it, we're gonna need quite a bit of help lol!
    The Badgers Love You

Update

Just to keep you guys informed, we're well on our way to developing a good few flashs, and are hoping to host a decent sized website soon!

However, Ive encountered a problem, well not rele a problem, just a bit of a setback.

I downloaded a song on mp3 for a test flash i was makin, it was 3.1 MB big.

It made my flash 3.7 Mb big, which is waaaay too big for us to host.

Does anyone here now how i could optimise the audio so that the file size would be smaller..?

All commments appreciated.

Cheers,

Nemesis Eventide
    a.k.a kid_dude_64
    The Badgers Love You

just dont hav it bud

im posting a couple of ideas on our forum mate so check it...

i might

i'll think this thing through to see if i can find the right time zone, i have a msn account and msn messanger so it should be ok in my part, email me if you think i can help, by the way i am in mountain time zone, and i don't know what time zone UK is but if you tell me the country we could see what can come up

i would like to take part in this project

lol we have already said that there is no more room for other people to join this project but please make your own thread like this and get other people to join you im sure youll find it most enyjoyable.

Flasher
    Cool idea, keep posting here with updates, I'l be glad to offer what help i can. I'm not excellent at flash but i know a fair amount, and i know where you coming from, im about to do GCSEs and ive been using flash for a few years.

hey!

our team is currently full and we have no spaces, so sorry to those who also wanted to be in!
    We will start working properly in a few weeks as 2 of the 3 of us have a-s level exams this comming week and the following!

but after that we will be hard at work!
    atm we are just flinging round a few ideas, we no what direction we are goign to head in but just making some decisions early on so we can work towards the same aim...

when we get a site up im sure we'll post it here for you all to see!

p.s. good luck in your gcse's devikit

more updates soon...peace out!