dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: i challenge you

i challenge you

hi,
    i want to ask that how i can submit flash movue such that nobody can share my original.fla file when he downloads my .zip file.

one member named lawrence is doing this when i am downloading his .zip file i found that the contents of .swf were not present in it. flashkit do not allow that movie to be posted if the original .fla file is not present or another .fla file is there.

i challenge that very few of them can answer this.pl help?

Are you talking about submitting a movie to the Movies or Tutorials section?

When you do so, you are essentially giving FlashKit the rights to use that movie in any way they see fit, which in this case, means making it available to any member who wants to download and use it.

Of course you need to include the authoring files. A swf is generally worthless.

You still own the original file, and the rights, but you are making it "Open Source" for anyone else to use or modify. If you don't want that, don't submit it.

hi,
    You are correct in Your statement but why one member named laurence woodburry has been permitted to do so. This is partiality.
    When i am downloading his file then why the swf files are different from .fla. I am ready to share my original file but why laurence woodburry is not submitting his .fla file and attaching some other file.
    PLEASE HELP?

It's probably a mistake. I have downloaded a few files myself that didn't work right. They probably got corrupt over the years they may have been stored, moved, renamed, transferred to new servers. It happens. It may also be that the files got mixed up, poor record keeping. Who knows? Some of these files have been in the there for years. But it's not intentional or a conspiracy.

hi
    how can it be a mistake. it cannot happen only with one user. i have downloaded many fla's but i never found a file in which the contents are different from swf.
    i also found corrupted files but i did not found such files in which the contents are totally different. i have downloaded 5 files of lawrence and i found that in the fla it was only written
    "email me for info". i also checked library but i found only that text. it cannot happen five times with same user.pl reply.

Links?

Hi,

There are several demo's spred throughout the movies section similar in nature to what your reporting. It is not isolated to a single user. Early on, Flashkit received so many demo .fla files that some were not properly scanned to see if the .fla file contained the same content as the submitted .swf. In my opinion, it is along the lines of spam to submit to an open source community and then only provide an email link and not the code for the demo. With that said, it is much less trouble to concern yourself with how someone else submitted a demo and worry about how you would do it. I have downloaded a few files like this and when I see what is going on, I delete them immediatly and look for an alternate demo.

NTD

Yeah, I don't know the rules for submitting, myself, but not adding the files seems wrong. Although this probably isn't the forum to discuss it in, if vivek gives me some links, I'll send it up the hill and find out what can be done.

hi,
    if you want some links then follow this:

1. visit flashkit.
    2. click search.
    3. choose contact name and type laurence woodburry and click search.
    4. you will get a list of his movies and download any one of them and see
    what you are getting in .fla you will only get this"email me for info at mindfielddesigns@aol.com.
    5. my internet connection is slow that is why i am not attaching those .zip files. so please follow these instructions and then reply me.
    [

OK, I've searched everything, and I'm not getting anything for any member named lawrence woodburry or laurence woodburry. There is no member with that name as far as I can tell and nothing in the movies search by anyone with either of those names. Give me some links to his downloads if you have them.

Now we're making progress. It's in the pipeline.

I spot tested 5 at random, 2 were good, 3 had just mail links.

hmm this should have been placed in Feedback...

thread moved

When Movies are submitted they should contain the authoring file for which they were written. Not all movies are .fla format. Some tutorials do not require the source files, as the process is documentend in the tutorial.

The problems are obvious, when a source file is not the authoring file including thing such as change of email addy etc Lets not forget that these submission stay put for years Over years linkage may change email addy's may change etc. Which is why the zip file should contain all the pertanient files. Planet has done his best in his short time here to weed out incomplete/bad Movies and tutes as he is made aware of them as well tried to correct situations where something is not present.

To the Submitters:
    If you are not fully prepared to submit all the documentation/pertainent files perhaps you shouldn't. Poor connection is not an excuse. Submissions are now reviewed before publishing. A thorough review of all materials all the time is not possible especially when dealing with things such as 3rd party apps and programming languages. At that time we operate in good faith untill someone knocks on our door in the form of the feedback forum and tells us what tute/movie does not jive. From there we persue the matter.

hi,
    pl click on this link and you will get a list of laurence movies. iknow the reason that why
    you did not got laurence because you must not have choosed the "match word" any option. his full name
    is E. LAURENCE WOODBURY. there are several movies of him in different categories. download movies such as balls2, burt and buddy.

link

reply frets and iashky

hi,
    why u are not giving reply to my thread have you got the link which i gave.

Read the above posts. You got your answer.