A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Ink question in flash

Hi. Ok here a question. is it possible to ad ink outlines to multiple frames and multiple shapes at the same time? I'm using vecta and if i'm not incorrect it renders the shape and outlines separatley so i figured i could just render shapes than go in and add some similar outlines with the ink tool in flash, and it seems like i'tt get a similar effect with less memory. I've tried it and it works the problem is I have to go through frame by frame double slicking on every shape. This is no good! it seem like there should be a function that i could select all modify or add outlines. is this the case or am I dreaming of a future version. any tips much appreciated
    thanks

I think I am understanding you right. If I am, this what you might want to do: At the bottom of the timeline in Flash, there are little buttons. The one on the right has two solid squares in it. It's called edit multiple keyframes or something. Click it and then there will be a little highlight above the timeline. Drag one end of it so it covers all the keyframes you want to edit. Then Select All. Then go ahead and modify what you want. That should do it.

Is that what you meant?

- Alex

oops

Sorry triadis... well.. the edit multiple frames or whatever this button iz called.. won't do the whole trick!! it will help... but those hidden shapes on many framez will have to be outlined separetly!
    [Edited by night_mare on 07-02-2000 at 08:26 PM]

That is how I experimented with doing it.
    What im really looking for is something that would function like in Illustrator selecting all shapes and then simply changing the outline stroke to effect all those shape. I could export movie as .ai and do just that in illustrator but I've got many frames and unfortunatley Illustrator doesn't have an automate/batch function for it's actions like Photoshop. so if anyone sees a way to work it I'd be very happy.....
    and impressed

thanks
    jon