dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please play my game!!!!

Please play my game!!!!

Play Global Warning!

This is my newest game that i've been working on lately. This is the first one in which I use a highscore table that saves scores from everyone and not only locally so maybe that won't work very properly. It takes some time saving the scores (still dunno why) but if you make a score and play again it takes enough time for your score to be saved. Please, play it!!! and tell me any comment you have.

Thanx
    Last edited by PhobiK; 06-16-2005 at 11:49 PM.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

Nice game you got there. At first I didn't think you did the graphics yourself, but then I saw the credits . I think that is a really thoughtful idea and really makes sense. I forgot all about that competition, oops, oh well. Looks like you learned some server side scripting, good job.

Otra cosa, en que parte de Guatemala estan ustedes (tu y los testers)?

Okay. First thing first I don't want to come across as critical, I am only trying to improve your game . In the storyline biggest needs to be changed to bigger. My islands sank way fast even when I thought I was doing good. I don't know what it was, but that really made the game seem weird because it was like there was no way I could win. I'm not sure something else was funny too but I can't think of it, maybe someone else will. Now to leave you with a good point, I really liked the boats movement! Good luck
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andross_88 - Thanx for the nice comments!. The gfx were made in 3ds max (except the factories) but were made by me. I had to learn some php for this game and almost go crazy but that will be useful for other games I think. Y los testers y yo vivimos en la capital de Guatemala, conoces a alguien aqui?. Thanx for your comments.

TheLostGuru - Thanx for the correction, my english isn't very nice as you've noticed, i'll fix that. The objective of the game is to keep alive the most you can, you can't win the game, you don't have to let the factories pollute too much cus they'll make the hole above bigger so as fast as you see a sign you must go for it. Thanx, maybe I need to explain that better.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

yeah. kind of a cool game... not to my likings really... but my only thing is how clean the flash stuff looks and then u have that text were the pixels are just yelling at you... i think you should clean that up or vector it.... other then that.. it's cool...

L.S(Little Shieh)
    A good game I think^___^

Lord Vader
    Welp ya said please so I checked it out. XD. Heh nice design,I didn't know what to do..

It's a nice and original game, but it's very difficult.
    One thing: Is the game's name supposed to be "Global Warning" or "Global Warming?"
    Don't know if this was made specifically for a client where they told you how the gameplay works, but I don't think that's how global warming works...

Also, I didn't really like how the boat changed directions after hitting the side. It made it really confusing and difficult to navigate. I always tried to turn around after hitting the side (on instinct) but I end up turning back into the wall because the game had already turned the boat around. This is the same with the side borders.

Looks awsome, good graphics and the movement of the boat is nice too. By the way, how does running a boat into an island make it stop polluting? (or am i suppose to use my imagination )
    Good job,
    ~MD

How am I suppose to play it?
    I drive the boat around with arrow keys and hit the islands, but nothing happens. The factories still pollute.

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    Really nice graphics, and plays well. Im a little confused though...when the factorys pollute, the make themselves sink...well if you wanted to stop global warming, wouldnt you want them to sink? :P it seems to me like your trying to save the very things you wanna destroy.

Ali

Hehehe ... Well done PhobiK !

I will get into that contest also. I almoust forgot about it... I dont know if i have chances. Your game is great.

At least, let's hope a FK member will win !

I'll post soon my "TerraHelp" game
    Card Games - play many card games free
    Free Games many free online games

Official Shoe Shiner thehumanchimp's Avatar
    Nice game. The only problem was a bit of the instructions sounded wierd..."The biggest a hole in the ozone layer is, the quicker the water level will increase." ... would be better written as "The bigger the hole in the ozone layer is...."

Apart from that, me parece que es un juego muy divertido Does that make sence? (Lo siento pero no puedo hablar espanol muy bueno )
    Message on a gravestone: I finished before you in the human race.

Using: Flash MX

Oh, by the way..just to be picky...holes in the ozone layer dont cause global warming :P they cause harmfull rays from the sun to get through the atmosphere. Global warming is caused by carbon dioxide and methane building up in the atmosphere which causes a greenhouse effect

Ali

Right ... ) Phobick is not the best CITIZEN FOR GLOBAL SOLUTIONS
    But he is a very good game developer
    Card Games - play many card games free
    Free Games many free online games

Official Shoe Shiner thehumanchimp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alillm
    Oh, by the way..just to be picky...holes in the ozone layer dont cause global warming :P they cause harmfull rays from the sun to get through the atmosphere. Global warming is caused by carbon dioxide and methane building up in the atmosphere which causes a greenhouse effect

Ali
    I see someones been revising hard for chemistry on thursday
    Message on a gravestone: I finished before you in the human race.

Using: Flash MX

The music makes me laugh - yeah, cool game, not seen one like that b4 - its original!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumanchimp
    I see someones been revising hard for chemistry on thursday
    take out the "hard" and you have a better description

Ali

THANX to all you guys for trying my game and for all the comments, really I appreciate it a lot.

- dbarbarian. The game's name is "Global Warning", it's to have a little twist in it. About the directions, it's fixed now, thanx .

- MD004. Thanx dude. Well you kinda have to use your imagination, it's supposed that you sanction the factories but didn't know a way to make it more understandable.

- Alli. Well yeah sounds kinda weird but if the water level increase the whole world is supposed be affected. And thanx for the explanation, we learn something new every day. I think Adi4x is right, I'm not the best citizen for global solutions lol.

- Adi4x. Thanx, your game was really cool also, I liked it a lot (by the way, I like your gfx style). Hope we both do well in that contest.

- theHumanChimp. Thanx, good you liked it. I have corrected that now, my english isn't very good as you've noticed. And yes, that makes sense .

- GingaNinja. I made the music myself so maybe it sounds a bit weird lol. Thanx for you nice comment.

Thanx to all guys!