dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anybody own a BLACKBERRY?

Anybody own a BLACKBERRY?

so....is it worth the money? how do you like it and do you feel it is worth the money? what are your daily uses for it?
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Have one? Yes.
    Like it? Sometimes.
    Worth the money? My company pays - I dont care.
    Daily uses? Email, cell phone when not in range of another phone.
    Would I get one if they didn't pay for it? No - not worth it. I am connected enough, and have my own cell phone. I don't need email 24/7.

RH
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

is there anything particular that you dont like?
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by J-Luv
    is there anything particular that you dont like?
    Yes...I'll reiterate.

It's expensive.
    I dont need email access 24/7.
    I already have a cell phone.

Aside from that, then no. It's the most fabulous piece of technology I've ever and WILL ever own!
    </sarcasm>

i worked for a datapod support for a cell phone company in the states, we did blackberry support, (on the last to blackberry models not the new ones)
    and from the suppost end, they worked pretty well, most problems were usings not understanding all the features.

Really what you got to ask your self is what featuers you need, and what would be suit you.

You need to be REALLY important to justify one of those bad boys. Corporate owners/VP's/CEO etc only. Unless you're on call 24-7.

i personally want to go with a SideKick II aka HipTop 2
    sooo much better (for my needs)

whats so much better for your needs about it? what can it do?

I've got a Sidekick II, and I prefer it over the blackberry. It's got a better keyboard and it's still got the apps I want (Email, AIM, SSH, web browser).

do any of these have microsoft outlook?

You might have another option here.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8117601/

That MS article is in Exchange 2003 SP2, which isn't going to be out til the end of the year.

random fool
    how is viewing websites on the hiptop2 ?

It's fine, if the website is made for small browsers. It doesn't support javascript or activex, but it does display pictures relatively well. I can effectively use MSN Hotmail (Mobile), Exchange 2003 OWA, Google, Yahoo, the basic yellow-pages sites, fantasysports.yahoo.com, and basically anything else you'd use in a normal day of 'business' browsing.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by random_fool
    It's fine, if the website is made for small browsers. It doesn't support javascript or activex, but it does display pictures relatively well. I can effectively use MSN Hotmail (Mobile), Exchange 2003 OWA, Google, Yahoo, the basic yellow-pages sites, fantasysports.yahoo.com, and basically anything else you'd use in a normal day of 'business' browsing.

Flashkit??

and do all these services depend on GPRS or other services depending on the network, here in Egypt we have GSM, so will this work, do you know if it functions outside US and if it has the same functions elsewhere?

will it run avi's or mpegs ect

This message was posted via sidekick II... Yess, flashkit works (but no yellow background).

No, it does not seem to play videos. There is also no mp3 player (which I thought was dumb)

Quote Originally Posted by el-Ignoramus
    and do all these services depend on GPRS or other services depending on the network, here in Egypt we have GSM, so will this work, do you know if it functions outside US and if it has the same functions elsewhere?
    I know it's GSM+GPRS, but I'm not sure if GSM alone is sufficient for the browsing capabilities. I wouldn't want to say it would work if I don't know for sure. Call a dealer and find out?