A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!I NEED A LOT OF HELP USING FLASH!!!!!

HI,
    I need a lot of help using flash!!!!I wanted to make a flash into for my site because i'm an upcoming artist n i wanted a flash site.So if someone can help me i'd really appreciate it email me back at...

xxdivabebe667xx@hotmail.com

thanks

Practice & Experiment

The only way you will get good at Flash is by practicing the tutorial included with the program and on web sites like this one (and maybe Virtual-FX), and experimenting with the wide variety of possibilties out there using this awesome tool for design and development.

Take some time to look at web sites using Flash.

A teacher once told me the best authors alsway work from an outline. Make some sketches as to how you want your site to look and how a visitor will navigate your site.

Have a great Flash day

thanks a lot.Yea i do know how i want my site to be.It's just that i get confused with all the tuts lol.well thanks n e way

Smile Flash Video

Just to let you know macromedia puts out a video on learning Flash I bought it and learned a lot, I usually learn best from seing something done . it's a good video. I think you can order it on macromedia's site http://www.macromedia.com the cost is $24.95 and worth every penny.

ok...well i soarda figured out what i wanna do for my intro....ok well i got a clip already made...n it's a tunnel...well after the tunnel like since it's never ending i wanted to end it n then from there make some fading pictures....if n e 1 can tell me how to make that i'd really appreciate it so if u can i have aol/aim n my sn is:
    xodarLingxo or email me

resolved outlines and sketches

Ditto on the outlines and sketches Greg.
    I was in Architecture school for 2 1/2 years, and then changed majors to Advertising, where i am pretty much concentrating on web design and development, as well as graphics. There is very little I ever did or do that does not involve many quick sketches (parti or thumbnail sketches). They let you see how shapes fit very quickly, your pencil just sketches what your mind sees. The best advice I could ever give anyone starting out with Flash or any graphics/web design software: Don't be afraid to draw by hand, and don't let the computer be the only thing you use when creating new ideas. I have pages printed up at work and at home with about 16 squares on each page, for each frame of a flash file. Using this, I can lay out the basic flow and order of a movie, and have room to write notes and such. Try this out, it will definatly keep your mind in order. And once you get used to thinking and designing like this, it will be second nature to you.

Good Luck XOcutie! Flash is great!

mg33

Re: Outlines & Sketches

Hey MG,
    I'm glad to see others out there believe in solid tried and true development techniques!

Have a great Flash day

Thanks a lot everyone who wrote something for me.Well the thing is i can't draw for my life nor design haha.I'm just trying to use flash just for a website i know what i want but i just don't know how to put 2 things together...because i wanted to make a tunnel(which i have) n i wanted to make pictures fade into each other(which i wanna know how)n then i want to lead the tunnel into fading pictures so if n e 1 can help me with that i'd really appreciate it