A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Couple SImple questions?

Flash Trainee In Training

Couple SImple questions?

Ok, I have slides one for every letter of the alphabet, well on some of these I want thumbnails of images that when hovered on are much larger, I tred using buttons about when you would hover in the area that it would be big it would popup, so help with that and I want to have a video play, like an actualy wmv that ive already loaded into another flash file, but i want it to kinda sit there, with the screen until clicked on, then I want it to play, if you get what I mean please let me know how to do it, if you dont understand ask what oyu need clarifying on, thanks people.
    -Don't Lie to make someone feel better, it leads to only worse things.-

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by isohp
    I want thumbnails of images that when hovered on are much larger,
    Create your button as normal. But on the over frame, right click and convert to movieclip. then tween you image bigger with a stop action at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by isohp
    I want to have a video play,
    do the same but copy and paste the 1st frame of the wmv to the up state then put the rest of the film ion the over state.

Awesome! worked great.. Now im noticing though that loading videos into flash takes lots of bandwith a time to load, so is it to late for me to put a preloader now that I got lots of stuff already in my flash? I would HATE to start all over, also How do I make the mp3 that im gonan have play in the presentation sound clear not all wierded out

so is it to late for me to put a preloader now that I got lots of stuff already in my flash
    I've been waiting for someone to ask that.

Check out the Some Tutes link in my footer, then go to the preloader tutorial. It explains how to do just that.

awesomeeeee thanks a bunch nice page, works good so far, any suggestions on making the music sound nomrla?

well, now im noticing, I downloaded the fla and read the tut but i stil ldont know how to put in the prelodaer after ive totally made the movie

blah, ok I read it and found it (didnt read the tips at firstim ethrough lol) well see what i have on my movie right now is a few different layers, one that just stops the entire thing at first, in the second layer i have total of 27 framdees, one for each letter of the alphabet, each is its own keyframe. So how do i put an empty frame or 2 or whatever I need before it? Please help asap. thanks agian

You guys are always in such a hurry. Read the TIP in the big white box near the bottom of the preloader page.

http://www.flashbax.com/flash_preloaders.htm

You click each layer name to select the whole layer. Click and drag the layer to the right by two frames. Then add the frame code for the preloader in frame 1 and 2, and the layers for the text boxed in frame 1 and 2 of that layer and remove any frames in that layer afer frame 2. It's not rocket science.

LOl yah i know I am in a rush lol, cold war project due this monday, if you wanna check it out http://www.atgig.com/Chasebadkids/byob.htm

any ideas / tips would be great also if you could tell me how to load the mpeg video from outside flash to inside the flash so it loads faster

Since I have Sorensen Suite, I would convert and Squeeze the mpeg to a mov file, then add a embedded player to an html page and launch that page from a flash button, as a popup. The embedded QT player has a built in load bar, and the quality is excellent and much smaller than flash.

can you explain in more detail how exactly to do that Plleaseeeee. PS I <3 you for this help :-p, any way i can send you$$ ?

You can see an example here;

http://www.learningflashmx.com/trailers/loadtest4.html

It's just a flash button that loads a popup page. I do that because it needs no javascript on the launch page. The popup htm page has the embed code for a QuickTime player. Very much the same as the embed code for a flash movie. The reason I did this is because the QT player has a built in loader and does not need a streaming server.

We had tried using a flash movie with a preloader and inside the movie a squeezed flv version of the original mpeg movie. This works much better. And everyone has QT installed.

One other very good reason for doing it in QT is the sound is way, way better and it stays in sync much better than in flash and it's much easier to set up. Less work.

The movie you see is almost 14Mb.
    Last edited by iaskwhy; 06-05-2005 at 03:18 AM.

How Do I make it popup and be that small size>?

All the parameters for the popup are in the flash button code. The size and position on the screen are set in the code line. I'll attach a txt file with the code. You can see how it works.

And you need the html page with the embed source in it, and set the size of the popup by the size of the movie source.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks so much man it worked, thanks for the help!